• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"UK to issue ‘threat alert’ over China’s attempts to recruit RAF pilots"

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Loose lips, even with a huge recruiting bonus ...
British defence intelligence is to issue a rare “threat alert”, warning that China’s military is trying to recruit serving and former RAF jet pilots to help train its own air force with generous recruitment packages.

Officials expressed “concern and disapproval” of these schemes because they posed “a threat to UK and western interests”. Although they are not explicitly banning pilots from providing training, they aim to take steps to “manage the risk”.

About 30 former pilots are already believed to have taken advantage of “very generous” recruitment packages offered by China to work for the country’s air force through third parties, including, in particular, a flying academy based in South Africa.

But the warning, or threat guidance, will remind British pilots not to disclose any sensitive information to the Chinese military and ask those approached to tell the Ministry of Defence what is going on so that it can be monitored ...

From a Canadian standpoint once you're out and clear of the CAF I get that you still bound not disclose any sensitive information, but should a military or Gov still have a say in where a private citizen goes to work ?
Yes and no, I guess. If a private citizen decides to work for a foreign government entity where there's links to shadier government entities, especially a government "not on our side", even if the citizen's not a vet, I think the gov't would wisely at least keep an eye and maybe lend a friendly word.

In Canada, anyone who has ever held a clearance higher than Reliability Status is bound by the Security of Information Act for life.

Any specific training, TTPs, systems etc. That member received knowledge on is bound by that Act. If these folks are being bankrolled solely because of their prior training, well I hope they don't plan on returning home, lest they end up in the clink for being a traitor.

In Canada, anyone who has ever held a clearance higher than Reliability Status is bound by the Security of Information Act for life.

Any specific training, TTPs, systems etc. That member received knowledge on is bound by that Act. If these folks are being bankrolled solely because of their prior training, well I hope they don't plan on returning home, lest they end up in the clink for being a traitor.
I'm sure they are crying themselves to sleep at night with bags of Yuan!

Meanwhile, somewhere in Hong Kong:

asap rocky money GIF

Maybe it is a plot where they are giving them enough info to make it seem like they are helping them, all the while duping them on the actual tactics and taking their money. Canada has been training Chinese Pilots for years under a Commercial training plan. it always seem funny to watch some of the in the evening playing basketball all regimented soldier like.

Maybe it is a plot where they are giving them enough info to make it seem like they are helping them, all the while duping them on the actual tactics and taking their money. Canada has been training Chinese Pilots for years under a Commercial training plan. it always seem funny to watch some of the in the evening playing basketball all regimented soldier like.

Twist?

Former RAF pilots who went to China to train its air force stole secrets for Britain​

Retired RAF pilots who went to China to train its air force included personnel tasked with gleaning its military secrets, Whitehall sources revealed last night.​

Ex-Marine Pilot Allegedly Tried To Source T-2 Carrier Trainer Jet For China

"The new allegations regarding Daniel Edmund Duggan, a former Marine Corps senior tactical instructor, are included in an indictment from U.S. prosecutors that dates back to 2017....the allegations claim that Duggan was specifically engaged in helping the Chinese People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) develop its fast-growing carrier aviation branch".

Back