• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CADPAT...what's causing the availability delay?

Sorry, quoted the wrong post. Was referring to anything with a crown having to be changed.
The Crown likely won't be changing. The concept of a Kings Crown and a Queen's Crown is a myth. The first and last person to "wear" the King's Crown was a Queen. It's a long explanation, and I don't have time to get into it right now.

The Crown likely won't be changing. The concept of a Kings Crown and a Queen's Crown is a myth. The first and last person to "wear" the King's Crown was a Queen. It's a long explanation, and I don't have time to get into it right now.

Proud Rowan Atkinson GIF by Working Title

I have cap badges from my former PRes unit that are definitely 2 different crowns. ??

The Tudor Crown... 'NATO standard' of Commonwealth Heraldry ;)

The Tudor Crown, also known as the King's Crown or Imperial Crown, is a widely used symbol in heraldry of the United Kingdom. Officially it was used from 1902 to 1953 representing not only the British monarch personally, but also "the Crown", meaning the sovereign source of governmental authority. As such, it appeared on numerous official emblems in the United Kingdom, British Empire and Commonwealth.[1]

While various crown symbols had been used for this purpose for many years previously, the specific Tudor Crown design was standardised at the request of Edward VII. It was never intended to represent any actual physical crown, although in shape it bears a close resemblance to the small diamond crown of Queen Victoria.

Upon the accession of Elizabeth II, she requested the design to be replaced with a representation of the St Edward's Crown (with depressed arches) which she wore at her coronation. Many, though not all, of the derived designs around the world were updated to match.

In Canada, the Tudor Crown has been used since 1907 in the Canadian Government Inspection Legend on inspected meat products. The inspection legend (or symbol) consists of two concentric circles: the outer ring has the word "Canada" at the top and a number at the bottom identifying the place of production; the inner circle contains a black and white rendering of the Tudor Crown.[

Look at which Crown the Queen is wearing on her coronation medal.

Attachments

• download (6).jpeg
    download (6).jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 23
Crikies. Taxable benefit vice deduction monthly though now at least?

Yup but its open 24/7. So When I came to watch the national rugby sides at the Wanderers Grounds I had a place to park. So it has its up sides. And all the amazing restaurants around us. And the easy morning 5K to PPP an back.

Laughs in downtown Ottawa

Cries in downtown Ottawa

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

I laugh, but I know its in my future...

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

Yup but its open 24/7. So When I came to watch the national rugby sides at the Wanderers Grounds I had a place to park. So it has its up sides. And all the amazing restaurants around us. And the easy morning 5K to PPP an back.

I had season tickets for the Mooseheads at one point. Never worried about parking or being late…or my tires being flat or missing. 😁

There was this one time the O Mess there had a mess dinner and hired Commissionaires for the evening…who tried to tell me I couldn’t park there even after I showed him my pass. 😝

New CADPAT full roll-out has started.

I'll reach CRA 60 before I ever see these... And I cannot wait to see what a sh*tshow it will be with all the mixed gear - old style helmet covers, rucksacks, tacvests. I still have the OD parka and overalls because I couldn't get CADPAT gear.

I'll reach CRA 60 before I ever see these... And I cannot wait to see what a sh*tshow it will be with all the mixed gear - old style helmet covers, rucksacks, tacvests. I still have the OD parka and overalls because I couldn't get CADPAT gear.

Call me crazy, but I don’t really see an issue with the mixed pattern, and “it looks bad” isn’t enough of a reason for me to push major changes if it’s functionally fine. Maybe I’m used to it but aircrew wearing OD flight suits can wear the CADPAT rain jacket - our aircrew jackets aren’t really waterproof. There has never been a push to get aircrew-specific rain gear despite the different patterns.

Until I returned them because I’m not going north anytime soon, all of my cold winter stuff was OD. I just didn’t care enough to exchange it.

In the field I could care less if people's gear doesn't match. As long as the jackets are available when the uniform is so in Garrison folks don't look like airsofters, I'll be happy. For some reason every clothing rollout forgets we're not in the Canary Islands with a fairly stationary temp of 23 degrees everyday for the whole year.

Call me crazy, but I don’t really see an issue with the mixed pattern, and “it looks bad” isn’t enough of a reason for me to push major changes if it’s functionally fine.
Clearly you aren’t an Army SNCO ;)

Several years ago the Brit DPM Gortex was issued to some units (and portions of units). I wore mine in Suffield and a 1CER MWO had a conniption, which got even worse when my WO joined me wearing his and said, “issued gear” and a few other ‘helpful’ comments. It got better when our MWO went over wearing his ;)

Some folks believe in uniformity over functionality.

Maybe I’m used to it but aircrew wearing OD flight suits can wear the CADPAT rain jacket - our aircrew jackets aren’t really waterproof. There has never been a push to get aircrew-specific rain gear despite the different patterns.

Until I returned them because I’m not going north anytime soon, all of my cold winter stuff was OD. I just didn’t care enough to exchange it.

Back