• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CADPAT...what's causing the availability delay?

So what I hear is MultiCam would have been cheaper and easier to field….
Funnily enough yes; it's also what they were pushing for originally in DLR-5 back when Multicam was a contender because they were looking at a system that would allow units to purchase COTS solutions should there be shortfalls / delays or failure to meet demand.

But something something something look Canadian...

Funnily enough yes; it's also what they were pushing for originally in DLR-5 back when Multicam was a contender because they were looking at a system that would allow units to purchase COTS solutions should there be shortfalls / delays or failure to meet demand.

But something something something look Canadian...
You know the CAF - and the bureaucrats that decide this - really need to get off "it has to be Canadian" schtick.

"It has to be Canadian" brought us the Ross rifle, boots that disintegrated in the mud, web gear that was not up to snuff. Thank you for making it Canadian.

My grandfather tossed the Ross away and grabbed a Lee Enfield.

You know the CAF - and the bureaucrats that decide this - really need to get off "it has to be Canadian" schtick.

"It has to be Canadian" brought us the Ross rifle, boots that disintegrated in the mud, web gear that was not up to snuff. Thank you for making it Canadian.

Wait, are you still talking about WW1 or .... ?

It is not the military nor the bureaucrats who decide this, and the CAF & DND have an obligation to follow the political direction.

Becoming the exclusive Canadian distributor of something, and reselling it to the GoC makes it Canadian enough for some of the IRBs. If you set up a bit of a logistics system to make new 'Small and Medium Enterprises' you could get points left, right and centre on larger items that hit the contract values.

Honestly surprised some First Nations companies haven't partnered with American suppliers to game the shit out of GoC procurement point systems for RFPs, and make a profit off a bit of markup for jumping onto the distribution/warehousing side of things.

Sort of the same hemisphere...

Can we not get CADPAT shirts and pants to fade at the same pace ? I've only been in them for a month and my 3 shirts and pants already look stupid together.

#canIhavemyNCDsbackplease?

Becoming the exclusive Canadian distributor of something, and reselling it to the GoC makes it Canadian enough for some of the IRBs. If you set up a bit of a logistics system to make new 'Small and Medium Enterprises' you could get points left, right and centre on larger items that hit the contract values.

Honestly surprised some First Nations companies haven't partnered with American suppliers to game the shit out of GoC procurement point systems for RFPs, and make a profit off a bit of markup for jumping onto the distribution/warehousing side of things.

Trying to do business with the Federal Government is a horrible experience, and is not to be undertaken by anyone who has a shred of self-respect, or who is seriously interested in making a positive difference in this world, or the next ;)

Why Businesses are Reluctant to Sell to Governments​

Abstract​

Why are some businesses unwilling or reluctant to sell to governments? In a survey of 3,282 business firms, Susan A. MacManus finds a generally negative attitude toward doing business with governments. When asking for specifics, MacManus found the five most-cited problems were slow payments, narrow bid specifications, difficulty in making contact with end-users, excessive paperwork, and competition from other firms. Firms with contracts cited different problems than those without contracts, and responses varied by type of product or service being provided.

I don't blame them, trying to do business from within the Federal government is a horrible experience. A lot of the items we buy are actually from re-sellers, as the OEMs can't be arsed to put in the bids, so the re-sellers basically specialize in jumping through hoops and make money off their markup. Probably a bit of a soul destroying way to make a living.

Sort of the same hemisphere...

Can we not get CADPAT shirts and pants to fade at the same pace ? I've only been in them for a month and my 3 shirts and pants already look stupid together.

#canIhavemyNCDsbackplease?
Ahem, no. They don't look stupid together... Just as long as normal people don't see you wearing them...

They look worn enough to not be mistaken for a brand new guy! And, I mean, there is such a thing as too green

#gowashthese5times
#orderabelgianberet
#cuttheliningfromberet
#bootbandsarefriends
#closeurfuckingmouthwhilewalking

Ahem, no. They don't look stupid together... Just as long as normal people don't see you wearing them...

They look worn enough to not be mistaken for a brand new guy! And, I mean, there is such a thing as too green

#gowashthese5times
#orderabelgianberet
#cuttheliningfromberet
#bootbandsarefriends
#closeurfuckingmouthwhilewalking

I even asked for used combats to avoid this and there wasn't any lol now I'm stuck with different shades of shirts and pants lol

Back