• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CADPAT...what's causing the availability delay?

coolintheshade

Inactive
Reaction score
Some folks have been wearing it for over 3yrs now.....why isn't it in circulation yet, and what is it they're waiting for????

Is the trial period over? Has it passed trials with 3 RCR? I'd rather they trial it for a longer period of time to work the issues out than rush into production.

Also, maybe supply shortages at the manufacturer's end?

I must say the color looks a lot like the original test pattern that was abandoned.

I still have a trial shirt and the original small
brimmed floppy hat from the late 90’s.
Pants didn’t survive.

The new pattern has been selected, they even have it printed out in quantities enough for uniforms, bush caps and rain gear. However, they don't want to have individual pers in mixed patterns (lol) because they haven't sorted out PPE / LCE (to include rucksack, daybag, tac vest) which isn't due to roll into use until ~2028 and the LIBs might get it because DICE/SOCEM-minor starts issuing out 2023.

In short, we still suck at managing basic equipment procurement, and the only people wearing the actual pattern have been CDS comd teams and other GOFOs with their CWOs.

Attachments

• EnxqKJTWMAEDHhm.jpg
    EnxqKJTWMAEDHhm.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Humorous
Reactions: ueo
I have just about zero confidence that I will see this gear before I retire. I've been in for 30 years, and I still have a mix of the old OD for winter kit, and two different types of CADPAT - none of it the latest version.

If we assume 50k, Reg and Res, would be entitled to new clothing, and a cost of $1500 per person to outfit them, plus half again as much for the supply system to have on hand, that's $112.5M in O&M you need to find. And I suspect that number is low.

I'm assuming that once in service the current national procurement budget will be sufficient, otherwise there's an incremental annual O&M pressure on the NP budget as well.

If we assume 50k, Reg and Res, would be entitled to new clothing, and a cost of $1500 per person to outfit them, plus half again as much for the supply system to have on hand, that's $112.5M in O&M you need to find. And I suspect that number is low.

I'm assuming that once in service the current national procurement budget will be sufficient, otherwise there's an incremental annual O&M pressure on the NP budget as well.
There you go…being all “hey, how do we sustain what we just bought” and all…

And the RCN is starting to issue its new NCD's so there is that pressure as well. Or does that come out of the Navy's budget and have zero impact on the CADPAT thingy.

Also, with this new CADPAT does this now mean that we can tell the difference between the Air Force and the Army?

And the RCN is starting to issue its new NCD's so there is that pressure as well. Or does that come out of the Navy's budget and have zero impact on the CADPAT thingy.

Also, with this new CADPAT does this now mean that we can tell the difference between the Air Force and the Army?

It's always been easy to tell them apart :)

1662133613526.png

1662133632831.png

^^
Now to be honest those puftaas in the pool are Naval Aviators. Or is that why you used that picture?:cool:

Clothing is paid for by ADM Mat out of the NP budget, regardless of environment.

The new pattern has been selected, they even have it printed out in quantities enough for uniforms, bush caps and rain gear. However, they don't want to have individual pers in mixed patterns (lol) because they haven't sorted out PPE / LCE (to include rucksack, daybag, tac vest) which isn't due to roll into use until ~2028 and the LIBs might get it because DICE/SOCEM-minor starts issuing out 2023.

In short, we still suck at managing basic equipment procurement, and the only people wearing the actual pattern have been CDS comd teams and other GOFOs with their CWOs.
Well I've been in 11 years now, and I've never been issued a flak vest off any kind besides the mouldy stack of 1980's era woodland camo American surplus vests for tossing frag grenades and the saddest, most worn out held together with duct tape CADPAT flak vest on my PLQ. Neither fit, because my size was out of stock. Some off my stuff is still OD too.

Everything's fine..

I suspect that the move over to Logistic Unikorp for most clothing is also slowing the process as they will be eventually doing all the contracting not just distribution for clothing (as I understand it) in the future. Probably kicked the can down the road so LU can be in charge of the entire process instead of handing off a process in the middle of completion.

I suspect that the move over to Logistic Unikorp for most clothing is also slowing the process as they will be eventually doing all the contracting not just distribution for clothing (as I understand it) in the future. Probably kicked the can down the road so LU can be in charge of the entire process instead of handing off a process in the middle of completion.
I look forward to poorly tailored cheap quality operational clothing available alongside my DEUs.

Maybe the CAF should have clothing corporations bid on the contract and the winner gets to produce it with their name and logo on it.
Lulu Lemon Operational Clothing line, anyone? ;)
On second thought, maybe not.:p

Government of Canada policy on procurement of clothing enters the discussion...

CAF clothing is made in Canada (by the lowest cost, compliant bidders); you'd be hard pressed to acquire a complete wardrobe of civilian clothes all made in Canada.

Back