• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Black pennant meaning ...

Plague ship? Will covid never go away?? :cool:

Black PT (Pennant). Used singly and at the dip: I am investigating a sonar contact. Close up (all the way up to the yard arm) : “Contact established, am attacking”. Hauled down: have lost sonar contact . The "Dip” means the flag or pennant is only half way up to the yardarm. This pennant is no longer used.

Speaking of...
Does anyone know where I can get a Skull and Crossed Cutlasses (Attack flag?) for HMCS Windsor? They brought some down when we affiliated with them, but didn't bring enough. I can't even find a picture. I believe it was a bear skull and crossed cutlasses. Tanks.

Speaking of...
Does anyone know where I can get a Skull and Crossed Cutlasses (Attack flag?) for HMCS Windsor? They brought some down when we affiliated with them, but didn't bring enough. I can't even find a picture. I believe it was a bear skull and crossed cutlasses. Tanks.
You can get custom flags made up

Tanks Colin. Which I would also consider, but like I said, I can't even find a picture.

Speaking of...
For WINDSOR it was probably a Lion skull as he crest has the Mer-Lion on it. I will see if I can dig up a picture of it.

HMCS Sackville has a theme this summer for her tours of "ACTION STATIONS". I suspect that the black flag (prosecuting SONAR target) is related.
Finally, someone got it right!! You know, all you need do is ask someone about it when you are there.

Speaking of...
So you want a Pirates of the Caribean flag then?? With an eyepatch?
pirates-of-the-caribbean-black-pearl-ship-flag.jpg

Just joking though, I know you want a specific to HMCS Winsor flag.

Back