• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Travel chaos continues as Canadian airlines, airports top global list of delays over long weekend

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
We're Number One, in the world !!! ;)

Travel chaos continues as Canadian airlines, airports top global list of delays over long weekend

Air Canada ranked No. 1 for airline delays with Pearson International taking the No. 2 spot among airports

Canadian airlines and airports claimed top spots in flight delays over the July long weekend, notching more than nearly any other around the world.

Air Canada ranked No. 1 in delays on Saturday and Sunday that affected 700-plus trips in total, or about two-thirds of its flights, according to tracking service FlightAware.

WestJet Airlines Ltd. and budget subsidiary Swoop placed third and fourth for delays on Saturday.

Toronto’s Pearson airport claimed the No. 2m spot Sunday below China’s Guangzhou airport while Montreal placed sixth, with both seeing a higher portion of late takeoffs than London and Amsterdam’s main airports.

Air Canada said last week it will cut more than 15 per cent of its summer schedule, nearly 10,000 flights in July and August, as the country’s aviation network sags under an overwhelming travel resurgence.

Kicking off peak travel season, the Canada Day long weekend saw scenes of long lines and luggage labyrinths flood social media as airports across the globe grappled with overflowing terminals following two years of pent-up demand.

The Truanons won’t like that report.

This might be as bad for the airlines as the pandemic was... I know it has definitely made me less likely to want to fly somewhere that I can drive in a day or two. Even at $1.80-2.20/L for gas, the convenience of not being stuck in a crappy airport, wearing a silly mask for a day or more, driving is worth it.

And the Minister of Transport blamed the airlines. Typical.

I am sure some of this is the airlines responsibility but the GoCs stupid "holier than thou" policies had much to do with it.

I am sure some of this is the airlines responsibility but the GoCs stupid "holier than thou" policies had much to do with it.
Yeah. Because the airlines put in place an under-resourced COVID testing program in the Airports. Or failed to hire more CBSA agents. Or more security screeners. Yep.….all the airlines fault….

Airlines did commit to an aggressive flight schedule without sufficient crew in place, particularly when they continue to have elevated workforce absences due to illness.

Nobody comes out of this looking good.

My daughter in law is an A.C. flight attendant. Hopefully, those who play the blame game don't vent their frustrations on the aircrew.

He also blamed travelers for forgetting how to travel.
In all fairness, if travellers weren’t travelling there wouldn’t be travel delays…

Who do they think they are?

Agreed.

Hard to discuss & streamline some rules that slow things down when the GoC swears God himself told them what to write…

Cancelled an entire holiday over rental cars. Pure unobtainium….
The CAF relocation page is intermittently going bonkers over this, they’re either not available or they’re thousands above the negotiated rate

• Humorous
Reactions: QV
The CAF relocation page is intermittently going bonkers over this, they’re either not available or they’re thousands above the negotiated rate
Yup. It would suck to be posted this year…

My daughter in law is an A.C. flight attendant. Hopefully, those who play the blame game don't vent their frustrations on the aircrew.
Blame doesn't feel much like a game 13 hours into a 4 hour travel day. I was lucky that my trip was for work, and my ruined day could be made up later. I suspect things would be much more infuriating if it was an expensive vacation being ruined by the combined incompetence of the airlines, airports, and governments.

That said, I agree that venting at the cabin crew isn't the right way to handle frustration.

We cannot find a van in all of Belgium for our move. So for a family of six, we requested two cars. BGRS is not amused.
Who is your least favourite child? Which could be a dangerous question to your wife, with an unexpected result, and a claim for you for cardboard signs and markers for "Brugge?"

Who is your least favourite child? Which could be a dangerous question to your wife, with an unexpected result, and a claim for you for cardboard signs and markers for "Brugge?"
Brugge is nice.

Just sayin…

Back