• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Active Shooter In NS. April 19 2020

I really hate the semantical dishonesty written in the very fibre of these people. Speak plainly. Be honest. Do the right thing.
You're asking for more than they are able to give right now.

I really hate the semantical dishonesty written in the very fibre of these people. Speak plainly. Be honest. Do the right thing.
Well, if you want to learn a new language, immersion is a tried a true method. No doubt you been around a bunch of bureaucrats, or read their chronicles, and determined that it indeed a foreign language. A unique language that has the ability to simultaneously says a lot and absolutely nothing, and invents new words and meanings from thin air.

Well, if you want to learn a new language, immersion is a tried a true method. No doubt you been around a bunch of bureaucrats, or read their chronicles, and determined that it indeed a foreign language. A unique language that has the ability to simultaneously says a lot and absolutely nothing, and invents new words and meanings from thin air.
SO....the PM hasn't fired Lucki yet? Or Blair?

What would it do for him electorally?

Ontario and Quebec don’t really care about RCMP. Most will never have dealt with that service.

Atlantic Canada, where Portapique really hits home, is pretty safely liberal anyway.

The image of the LPC further pushing gun control is unlikely to change any minds at this point.

So, little of electoral import there, and the government is pretty secure in power for another three years.

Don’t forget, Lucki is to testify at the mass casualty commission later this month. They probably want to see how that goes and what she testifies to before they commit to any COA regarding her or Blair.

Looking at the list of RCMP commissioners, her current tenure seems to be about average for a commissioner; might she be gently retired to the Senate to clear the deck without ever admitting anyone did anything?

Looking at the list of RCMP commissioners, her current tenure seems to be about average for a commissioner; might she be gently retired to the Senate to clear the deck without ever admitting anyone did anything?
My wild guess? It’s the 150th anniversary of the RCMP/RNWMP/NWMP next year and they may be looking to keep her on through that for the optics. They also need to have someone they would be comfortable replacing her. I’m not sure if anyone in the current senior executive really appeals to the current government. They deep-dipped for Lucki; they bypassed all the Deputy Commissioners and plucked her from Assistant Commissioner. It would be like snagging a MGen for CDS. I don’t know that they would do that twice in a row, and frankly the stuff the RCMP will be dealing with in the next decade calls for some serious institutional experience at the DComm level.

I can’t predict whether they’ll hang on to her at this point, but I’m not sure they like their choices otherwise.

Perhaps the RCMP should look at candidates who aren't likely to be so institutionalized.

I can think of a couple RCMP dudes on army.ca who would have my vote :)
Thing is there’s nobody outside of RCMP who have their heads adequately wrapped around federal policing (arguably, not that many within it…) There’s major transformation afoot there, in part in hopes to drag the federal half of RCMP kicking and screaming into the 21st century. While that’ll all fall under the applicable DComm, any new commish should have a solid grasp of that level, as well as the rest of ‘whole of government’. The DComms are used to dealing with cabinet, parliament, etc.

Commissioner of the RCMP is best thought of as a federal government Deputy Minister role. Hell, she’s literally on that pay scale. The DComms are like senior ADMs. However, moreso than most departments, they need a ton of progressively senior experience within that department. It’s easy enough to take an RCMP senior officer and porch them to municipal or provincial police services or related agencies. Harder to go the other direction, and it’s a limited pool at the top- I think only five DComm total, not all of them in or through roles that necessarily lend themselves to taking that last step.

Perhaps the RCMP should look at candidates who aren't likely to be so institutionalized.

I can think of a couple RCMP dudes on army.ca who would have my vote :)
You want real change in the RCMP? Find some 5-6 year Constable fresh off his second or third isolated post on some Prairie reserve and make him or her Commissioner.

You want real change in the RCMP? Find some 5-6 year Constable fresh off his second or third isolated post on some Prairie reserve and make him or her Commissioner.
Entertaining, but no more realistic than plucking a second tour Captain out a unit in the CAF and making them CDS…

I can’t predict whether they’ll hang on to her at this point, but I’m not sure they like their choices otherwise.

Is that because of a lack of women in high enough ranks to replace her with a woman or because the ranking members are not liberal yes men/women?

Or because the ranking members came up through the nepotistic, criminal regime of Zac, and can't be trusted to lead the institution?

Is that because of a lack of women in high enough ranks to replace her with a woman or because the ranking members are not liberal yes men/women?
The notion that anyone at the upper levels of something like a police service are “Liberal yes men” is comical. You’re talking about an institution that trends as conservative as the military, if not moreso.

Or because the ranking members came up through the nepotistic, criminal regime of Zac, and can't be trusted to lead the institution?
Zac wrapped up 18 years ago. None of the current senior leadership would have been in anything close to a senior role or really any role tangibly impacted by him. Most of the DComms were junior Inspectors at best. That’s like saying the current crop of company commanders in CAF are a reflection of Vance.

Back