• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Phoenix Pay System - Shit's Horrible

Jesus this is still going on ?
My wife is 4 years into this- she has a separate account with 30 thousand dollars of overpayments in it? She has been underpaid multiple times- which hasn’t been fixed but she anticipates any day they’ll reach in and take 30 grand because it’s automatic.

Her taxes have been unable to be fixed for three years- they ve been wrong and “corrected” with money coming in and out several times a year as Revenue and Phoenix make corrections that affect each other. She s been unable to port her pension since she left- because no one can write down what she actually made for pension credits.

She’s spoken to every person at every level that she can.

She’s not even near the worst case so they have to deal with those first.

My wife is 4 years into this- she has a separate account with 30 thousand dollars of overpayments in it? She has been underpaid multiple times- which hasn’t been fixed but she anticipates any day they’ll reach in and take 30 grand because it’s automatic.

Her taxes have been unable to be fixed for three years- they ve been wrong and “corrected” with money coming in and out several times a year as Revenue and Phoenix make corrections that affect each other. She s been unable to port her pension since she left- because no one can write down what she actually made for pension credits.

She’s spoken to every person at every level that she can.

She’s not even near the worst case so they have to deal with those first.

Given the millions of jobs going unfilled these days has she ever considered quitting?

My wife was affected. Around 30K missing because her acting at the director level was messed up and then they messed up her substantive at wrong level. Was fixed but took a bit of time.

Currently I have a employee reporting to me that is acting but also works a casual job in another section. While acting for my section the system (automated) changed her casual to an acting (which can’t actually happen) which resulted in an overpayment. Had to be manually fixed.

My wife was affected. Around 30K missing because her acting at the director level was messed up and then they messed up her substantive at wrong level. Was fixed but took a bit of time.

Currently I have a employee reporting to me that is acting but also works a casual job in another section. While acting for my section the system (automated) changed her casual to an acting (which can’t actually happen) which resulted in an overpayment. Had to be manually fixed.
When I was still working, people who acted at a higher level would not get their pay adjusted, as at the end of the acting assignment, the system would stop paying them and it would take months to fix it. So people kept excel spreadsheets of when they acted and at what level in the hopes of getting paid for it later.

to be honest it seems like we just need a room full of people and calculators and start doing one person at a time. And then scrap it.

Then scrap SSC

Phoenix was PSPC, with oversight by TBS: OCHRO, CIO and Comptroller General. No SSC.

Phoenix was PSPC, with oversight by TBS: OCHRO, CIO and Comptroller General. No SSC.
I’m aware. They are just a constant thorn in the side of anyone navigating using them.

When someone talks about phoenix it’s Triggers me to go “oh yeah- and then there is SSC”

But can anyone help the member who recently asked a question??

Hey everyone, I currently have a pay issue and was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. \

I recently had my rank fixed from acting lacking to substantive. It was never suppose to be acting lacking and the error was fixed quickly. As a result though on my next pay stub all my pay since 2019 was taken back and then paid back at the exact same rate (obviously) resulting in a total amount of $0.00 in the pay and adjustments category. (that's correct as my pay stayed the exact same)

The issue now is that I was recharged federal Tax on all the repayments but not given a credit back for the federal tax paid over the years, now my closing balance is a negative FIVE FIGURE number and the amount of federal tax I have paid is approaching almost the full amount I paid over all last year. Does any have any advice?

Thanks

Have you engaged with your local pay office? While I suspect they will be unable to take action to fix it themselves, they should be able to escalate this to DMPAP (the NDHQ directorate responsible for running the pay systems) to have it corrected.

The one significant challenge, however, is that the federal tax charge would be based on the lump sum and would be at a higher rate since (a) it's now seen as all being within a single taxation year, and (b) the rules for taxation of one-time / lump sum payments are such that you'll normally see a much greater percentage withheld.

TL;DR this will take a senior clerk at DMPAP to help resolve.

I got Phoenixed recently. They are claiming a overpayment of $1,400 in 2016. Thanks a lot you bastards.

And a new verb is born!

as told by ginger nicksplat GIF

Have you engaged with your local pay office? While I suspect they will be unable to take action to fix it themselves, they should be able to escalate this to DMPAP (the NDHQ directorate responsible for running the pay systems) to have it corrected.

The one significant challenge, however, is that the federal tax charge would be based on the lump sum and would be at a higher rate since (a) it's now seen as all being within a single taxation year, and (b) the rules for taxation of one-time / lump sum payments are such that you'll normally see a much greater percentage withheld.

TL;DR this will take a senior clerk at DMPAP to help resolve.
The issue is that I wasn't given a lump sum payment. I received nothing extra. My pay was clawed back without any tax refund, then paid back to me and retaxed. My total year to date income stayed the same as my last cheque, except my federal tax had a five figure payment on this one cheque. Apparently I have paid 60% of my income into federal tax

I got Phoenixed recently. They are claiming a overpayment of $1,400 in 2016. Thanks a lot you bastards.
What date though? I’m under the impression that they can only claw back payments for 6 years so those days are falling off every 2 weeks…

The issue is that I wasn't given a lump sum payment. I received nothing extra. My pay was clawed back without any tax refund, then paid back to me and retaxed. My total year to date income stayed the same as my last cheque, except my federal tax had a five figure payment on this one cheque. Apparently I have paid 60% of my income into federal tax
That is considered a lump sum (for income tax), even if you received nothing.

That's why you will likely need someone in DMPAP to make a correction.

Back