• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

So if you are a Ottawa type you want a "made in Canada" but with a competitive bid but really the operators just want the Boeing. Great. Here are some of your options.

Made in Canada Airframes
Airbus A220
DHC Dash 8
Mitsubishi CRJ
Bombardier Global

Current in service MPAs
Boeing P8
Kawasaki P-1

Others
Saab with a Gulfstream
GD with their Gulfstream
Lockheed with C-130
Airbus A219? Or Other

So if you are a Ottawa type PSPC and ISED, you want a "made in Canada" but with a competitive bid but really the operators just want the Boeing.
The P-8 is the most mature platform out there.

The P-1 is used by one country, so the supply chain isn't as robust (e.g. if you need a tire and you're operating a P-8, chances are any major airport that services 737s will have one). Also, Japan hasn't been able to export military equipment since WWII, so I bet they'll have to get up to speed on international military sales nuances.

The rest will involve various levels of development, with Canada as a lead customer. That worked well with the Cyclone 😬

The P-1 is used by one country, so the supply chain isn't as robust (e.g. if you need a tire and you're operating a P-8, chances are any major airport that services 737s will have one). Also, Japan hasn't been able to export military equipment since WWII, so I bet they'll have to get up to speed on international military sales nuances.

The rest will involve various levels of development, with Canada as a lead customer. That worked well with the Cyclone 😬

I forgot the leading contender!!! If you are PSPC....This what you call Success!!!

1654530507799.png

Just one small issue.....Quebec content.....hmmm.....that will take another day.....

I forgot the leading contender!!! If you are PSPC....This what you call Success!!!

View attachment 71221

Just one small issue.....Quebec content.....hmmm.....that will take another day.....
Easy, award L3 MAS in Mirabel the in-service support contract. Sorry IMP.

1654531328372.gif

Jesus Dimsum, it was a beautiful morning here on the Prairie and you just ruined it with that line. Because you've just doomed the project to another disaster.
He Man Reaction GIF

However if we leveraged a combined relationship to get P-1's and be part of the Japanese sub program, the risks may be worth it.

I like the way you roll…
I’m all about go big or go home ;)

I just looked at the Norwegian AOR and Canada’s, and extrapolated it, plus I assume Canada won’t buy 40, but a significant number under what is proposed, so I figure start with 40 and aim for at least 25 ;)

(Political staffer to PCO brain trust): “Wouldn’t three be enough for Canada? You know, one for each coast?” (Thinking they’d be scoring brownie points for the Arctic Ocean reference)

(PCO brain trust): “We like the way you think, Xxx Yyyyy!”

(Political staffer to PCO brain trust): “Wouldn’t three be enough for Canada? You know, one for each coast?” (Thinking they’d be scoring brownie points for the Arctic Ocean reference)

(PCO brain trust): “We like the way you think, Xxx Yyyyy!”
TBS: "Have you seen the cost of maintaining those 3 planes over 50 years?! No thank you..."

Another option the Sea Hercules!

If that that option is too specialized, we could just roll a palletizing mission kit on-board.

And see we can just use the C-130J we already have. Again Success!

They would just have to share with the rest of the Forces. Monday SAR, Tuesday Army moves, Wednesday Navy, Thursday RCAF missions, Friday MPA, weekends repair.

Back