• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Top Gun 2

Wonder if it will have the same effect on recruiting for the US military as the first movie did?

Wonder if it will have the same effect on recruiting for the US military as the first movie did?

Seems to be part of the plan... again

Yes, the Navy is trying to recruit at ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ screenings​

It is happening again.

The U.S. military is feeling the need–the need to get more recruits at the movies. 36 years after the U.S. Navy infamously set up recruitment booths at movie theaters as Top Gun screened, they’re back, in time for the sequel Top Gun: Maverick. The film hit theaters on Thursday and viewers are already reporting seeing booths near concession stands.

If at all possible, watch it in IMAX.

It's not really a spoiler, but the first few minutes where they repeated the original films' intro but with modern aircraft was absolutely amazing.

If at all possible, watch it in IMAX.

It's not really a spoiler, but the first few minutes where they repeated the original films' intro but with modern aircraft was absolutely amazing.
Planning IMAX.

I watched the original movie during a NATO exercise, on our way to Norway in a Danish STUFT Ferry, in the ship's theatre.

At one point in the film there were no jet sequences on the screen, but I could still hear fast jet noises.

I went out on deck and overhead there was a dog fight going on, clearly part of the exercise.

It was nice of them to lay that on for us ;)

They couldn't use an F35c for the mission because gps was being jammed in the area of the target? Did I hear that right?

That’s one of many disbeliefs (disbelieves?) you have to suspend.
I suspect most of the movie had been written before the 35 was fully deployed, so…

I mean it was delayed what 3-4 years.

I suspect most of the movie had been written before the 35 was fully deployed, so…

I think you are correct. IIRC, the script has been around for at least a decade.

I saw it yesterday in Renfrew, I was impressed by the flight scenes and wonder how many cameras and how many takes to get it all just right. I enjoyed the movie a lot.

I bet it’s more a matter of being able to get cast and crew into the actual aircraft given how much of it was filmed in real flight.

I think the us navy was being media savy and deliberately snubbed the f35c(they are the least enthusiastic service for it). Also brought up a few times was how it was "just an F18" and no match for 5th gen adversaries(unlike the F14 I guess?). Was the test plane at the start an FA-XX inspired design?

I think the us navy was being media savy and deliberately snubbed the f35c(they are the least enthusiastic service for it). Also brought up a few times was how it was "just an F18" and no match for 5th gen adversaries(unlike the F14 I guess?). Was the test plane at the start an FA-XX inspired design?
Nope.

Back