• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Oppressive Airport Security Requirements - Time for a review?

FSTO

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Yes this link is about Covid Protocols at Canada's Airports.

But its been over 20 years since 9/11 and I think the only folks happy with security at the airport is the companies supplying the inspection equipment! I would think that time for an in depth review of airport security is long past. Especially for domestic flights, when my daughter and I flew out of Prince George BC last week I had to go through the super duper x-ray machine. IMO its all a waste of time and money and we could do a much better job. I also know that our scared out of its wits neighbour to the south is too far down the rabbit hole to change but could we at least show some sanity? Heck, in Ottawa I would get to the Fallowfield VIA station 15 minutes before the train arrived and walk onboard with nary a glance from the ticket agent and conductor! Or get on any of the several ferries within this country with no security at all?

FREEDOM!! FREEDOM!!!

Yes this link is about Covid Protocols at Canada's Airports.

But its been over 20 years since 9/11 and I think the only folks happy with security at the airport is the companies supplying the inspection equipment! I would think that time for an in depth review of airport security is long past. Especially for domestic flights, when my daughter and I flew out of Prince George BC last week I had to go through the super duper x-ray machine. IMO its all a waste of time and money and we could do a much better job. I also know that our scared out of its wits neighbour to the south is too far down the rabbit hole to change but could we at least show some sanity? Heck, in Ottawa I would get to the Fallowfield VIA station 15 minutes before the train arrived and walk onboard with nary a glance from the ticket agent and conductor! Or get on any of the several ferries within this country with no security at all?

FREEDOM!! FREEDOM!!!
Fat chance in hell of it ever happening in North America again. The risk of another 9/11 trumps all.

You mean those ‘temporary’ powers they enacted after 9/11 are still ongoing 21 years later and are of very questionable effectiveness? Say it isn’t so…

You mean those ‘temporary’ powers they enacted after 9/11 are still ongoing 21 years later and are of very questionable effectiveness? Say it isn’t so…
LOL, the effects of the Patriot Act live on.

The lone Senator who said Nay, Russ Feingold, who tried to warn us about the consequences was called a terrorist lover and a traitor at the time:

I just find it comical that people are lied to over and over again, from the same people, and expect a different result to magically appear 😎

LOL, the effects of the Patriot Act live on.

The lone Senator who said Nay, Russ Feingold, who tried to warn us about the consequences was called a terrorist lover and a traitor at the time:

I just find it comical that people are lied to over and over again, from the same people, and expect a different result to magically appear 😎
Sounds all so familiar.

Sounds all so familiar.
I just can't get over how often we are lied to and people still drink it up?!

I legitimately believe nothing that comes out of the Government's mouth at this point.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Financial Crisis, COVID.... the list goes on and on.

Truth is whatever the powers that be can sell.

Someone will call me a QAnon soon 😁

I don't believe in conspiracy theories. I do believe in systemic incompetence though.

A lot of bad decisions have been made for political reasons. Good Politics ≠ Good Policy a lot of the time.

I actually think 9/11 changed society emotionally and not for the better.

A conspiracy of continued incompetence ?
I actually find it hilarious when people believe in gigantic conspiracy theories.

They think we are playing:

ESNpMg_WoAAy8FV.jpg

When we are really actually playing:

crazyeights-logo.png

I just can't wait for the next big soup sandwich to start reverberating with people:

We've already had Plague, we now have War, Famine is enroute!

Anyone who flew out of KAF experienced this too.
As a matter of fact I was departing KAF with Mrs OldSolduer - she's not an old soldier but she is my missus - and I had a 9mm Browning strapped to me. That was ok but the lock blade knife I was carrying was a no no. When I pointed out I have a pistol with live rounds the Brit let me pass.

Totally fricking retarded isn't it?

I just can't get over how often we are lied to and people still drink it up?!

I legitimately believe nothing that comes out of the Government's mouth at this point.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Financial Crisis, COVID.... the list goes on and on.

Truth is whatever the powers that be can sell.
It is absolutely crazy.

As a matter of fact I was departing KAF with Mrs OldSolduer - she's not an old soldier but she is my missus - and I had a 9mm Browning strapped to me. That was ok but the lock blade knife I was carrying was a no no. When I pointed out I have a pistol with live rounds the Brit let me pass.

Totally fricking retarded isn't it?

I’ve seen issues with knives when flying armed - and it’s fairly common from others I’ve talked to.

Remember for the masses, the illusion of security is more important than security itself.

I’ve seen issues with knives when flying armed - and it’s fairly common from others I’ve talked to.

Remember for the masses, the illusion of security is more important than security itself.
This is it in a nutshell. 😎

Back