• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MARS being renamed?

A young officer received it just recently.
Are there different colours? I'm assuming there are. What qualification levels do they represent? And when do I get my cool bling to represent that I'm CSE. And since I used to be MARS do I get one retroactively? Because I want a nipple pocket moustache as well.

What qualifies one to wear it? Do you have to demonstrate the ability to grow a proper moustache?
Bronze = Ticketed Watchkeeper onboard a Warship
Silver = Operations Room Officer Qualified
Gold = Held Command of a Warship

Bronze = Ticketed Watchkeeper onboard a Warship
Silver = Operations Room Officer Qualified
Gold = Held Command of a Warship
Is that ticketed or passing your Board? Because I have my ticket as a PRes on a MCDV. I never did the NOPQ board because we didn't do that as PRes.

Also here is your image you posted earlier that has a much better view of the badge.

1652722447307.png

Congratulations RCN, you’ve out-piloted the pilots.

#RCMovemberEveryMonth
Nate Pirate Ship GIF by Barstool Sports

View attachment 70775
A better picture. Its a shield with an anchor on it, with waves to the side. They are already calling it "The moustache".

We suck.

Ticketed, MCDVs count as well.

Submariners also get them.
Huh. I guess I have to add another 5 min for transferring random bling between my 3B shirts. It will be a wonder if they hold out with all the holes that are going to go into them.

@FSTO seeing the new image up close I agree that the "waves" could have been done better. Not super happy about the Leaf either but it's not quite as horrible as I thought it might have been. It does look like a Tom Sellek though.

And there are unsubstantiated rumours that he's 'non-binary' too ;)

I actually think the one with the derped dragon in the background looked better; maybe the NTOs and logs can wear that as a morale patch.

Really glad that the institution is focusing on things that really matter, but I got a genuine belly laugh at how stupid that is, so thanks.

If anyone suggests we get something similar for NTOs though I vote we fire them into the bilge to do paint prep with a toothbrush untill they hit SSPC-5.

Of all the unnecessary badges they could have added on this one has to take the cake. So stupid.

We have those 'progression' things in the Army too.

They're called 'badges of rank' ;)
Lol, like the army didn't invent this sort of thing. Jump wings, pathfinder, special operations qualification.

BWK is a qualification that anyone in the CAF could get if they were allowed the opportunity, though it is required by NWOs as part of their career progression their OFP is based on their NOPQ board, not their BWK. I know Engineers, Logisticians, and at least two NCMs who have their BWK qualifications. ORO and CO however is just following along with the other navies by the looks of things.

If anyone suggests we get something similar for NTOs though I vote we fire them into the bilge to do paint prep with a toothbrush untill they hit SSPC-5.

I won't be suggesting it (though I did make a joke earlier).

Back