• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Devil's Advocate: USA invades CAN

The international political system would have to be a mess to allow the US to get away with this, in which case Canada would be in a mess as well beforehand. Not to mention internal opposition within the US to this. At best a decade long occupation to "stabilize" the country and then a gradual pullout.

Maybe I underestimate my fellow countrymen but I have a hard time imagining Johnny or Judy Double Double getting to upset enough to form a resistance.

Keep the heat, water and lights on... Feed them and these complacent beggers will let you away with anything.

I think we'd have large swaths of Canadians welcoming the Yanks. Quisling I think is the term.

Maybe I underestimate my fellow countrymen but I have a hard time imagining Johnny or Judy Double Double getting to upset enough to form a resistance.

Keep the heat, water and lights on... Feed them and these complacent beggers will let you away with anything.

I think we'd have large swaths of Canadians welcoming the Yanks. Quisling I think is the term.
Well it's not like Ottawa inspires loyalty

The international political system would have to be a mess to allow the US to get away with this, in which case Canada would be in a mess as well beforehand. Not to mention internal opposition within the US to this. At best a decade long occupation to "stabilize" the country and then a gradual pullout.
The international political system would not bat an eye. They would just say well Canada is just a part of the US system anyways this just makes it formal.

Back