• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs 🤣

That's, in my opinion, some chicken :poop: level of leadership if the Chief isn't an adult and has to go crying to mom/dad at the Wing. Are they incapable of handling it on their own? It was no different when my Sgt told me that my WO thought my hair was getting too long. "you tell him that I told you to tell him that his hair is too long".

It’s possible that the WO was correcting the Sgt for not correcting you…a learning point that was not fully taken on apparently…

Last edited:
I'm sure they had a waiver.

Is that a thing ?

I mean I've used my own firearms on CAF ranges but never while on duty. It was only ever as part of a rod and gun club or pre season sighting in for charity. And these were all sanctioned and approved events.

Praise in public criticism in private. It's an excellent method.
Obligatory reminder that it's not just a good practice, you're literally not allowed to do otherwise in many cases. As outlined in QR&Os Vol 1 Chapt 19 - 19.13 - REBUKE IN PRESENCE OF JUNIOR
No officer or non-commissioned member shall rebuke any person in the presence or hearing of anyone junior to that person in rank, unless a public rebuke is absolutely necessary for the preservation of discipline.

It was no different when my Sgt told me that my WO thought my hair was getting too long. "you tell him that I told you to tell him that his hair is too long".

There's a useful reason for doing that - keeps the immediate supervisor in the loop.

Which not only removes the benefit, but piles on more damage - it is impossible to weaken the authority of anyone in the unified chain of command without weakening your own.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the "I'm wearing jeans anyways" crowd out of RMC but as an NCO I've been pretty shocked at how some new LTs in a unit will blatantly ignore orders from OCs or even stuff coming down from the CO.

Said LTs will often explode when they feel a troop has, or appeared to, not treat their own directions like it's Holy Writ.

To be an Adjt for a week or two and have these folks put under me for corrective trg and PD….

Obligatory reminder that it's not just a good practice, you're literally not allowed to do otherwise in many cases. As outlined in QR&Os Vol 1 Chapt 19 - 19.13 - REBUKE IN PRESENCE OF JUNIOR
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! Oh, that's for real? HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

This; IMO, the average level of obedience is declining from where it should be and the level of disciplinary action to counter that has also declined.
It all goes back to that Canadian trait of:

"That's terrible, someone really out to do something about this! Just make sure that someone isn't me 😬"

low level punishments used to solve most low level stuff and usually at the MWO and Adjt levels. Not even sure if they exist anymore. As a younger NCM, I realized “you can’t XYZ” and not pay the price. I have fond memories of rolling the dice in the RSMs office once. Or twice…

One time I drew 14 extras as Duty MCpl. My Sgt-Maj said “you might as well move into the duty room!” Not sure if that was meant as an order or joke…I moved in for my sentence.

Lessons were learned, laughs were had.

Last edited:
low level punishments used to solve most low level stuff and usually at the MWO and Adjt levels. Not even sure if they exist anymore. As a younger NCM, I realized “you can’t XYZ” and not pay the price. I have fond memories of rolling the dice in the RSMs office once. Or twice…

One time I drew 14 extras as Duty MCpl. My Sgt-Maj said “you might as well move into the duty room!” Not sure if that was meant as an order or joke…I moved in for my sentence.

Lessons were learned, laughs were had.

They used to work then a few boneheads took it too far.

I'll the first to admit I'm lucky I got a 2nd BE offer after my initial 3 years. I was an ill disciplined, rebellious gong show of an OS.

I thank the great ghost in the sky every day for a certain couple Chiefs and POs. Im glad they saw something.

Did someone say "crayons"? Any red ones left?

BTW I received 21 Bn Orderly Sgts during the reign of JJJJJimmmyyy. Yep cause I wasn't wearing issue boots.
OS, I knew red crayons would draw you into the open! 😆

Back