• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

No, thats them.

Vaccines are murder, Hitler wasnt that bad, muslims will kill german culture, those folks said mean words to Trudeau.

And certain...segments, of the canadian media ecosystem ate it up that those from parties that think Adolf Hitler got a bad rap spoke up against Trudeau thus the whole European parliament must be in lockstep. What those media sites fail to consider is that with PR every extremist viewpoint gets to be represented in the european parliament and out of 705 members of the european these (insert banable descriptive words here) make up 64 from across all countries, 9 AFD members from Germany.

If Canada had PR the greens would likely have a half dozen MPs as well, that would not make Elizabeth may the consensus voice of the HoC.

But no. Instead we have people here defending the AFD, again, people who openly hate muslims, and defend Adolf Hitler, all because they spoke ill of Trudeau.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend? I guess that leads one to side with muslim hating, Adolf Hitler apologists every now and again.
Again, calling the 15% of Germans part of the AFD party borderline Nazis just to distract from valid points made against Trudeau isn't the way to play politics. Republicans say that Democrats hate white people. Democrats say that Republicans hate non-white people. It's all stupid shit to distract from whatever point was made that is entirely unrelated to these things. Grow up and be a better non-politically biased citizen. Listen to comments for the points made, rather than reverting back to your unconnected hatred towards their overall beliefs in an attempt to save your own beliefs. At least pretend you have a high enough IQ to not revert to such childish antics. Come on man.

I hate big government Authoritarians like the AFD. It doesn't mean that them calling out Authoritarian behavior should be ignored because its "my sides authoritarianism so its okay". It makes them hypocrites, yes. But it doesn't mean they're wrong about what they're saying.

Are they legit nazi sympathizers? What did they say exactly? Genuinely curious here.

German historians Wednesday accused far-right leader Alexander Gauland of paraphrasing Adolf Hitler in a newspaper column taking aim at a "globalised class" that he claimed threatens all that is good in his "homeland".

When the far-right Alternative for Deutschland’s (AfD) Björn Höcke referred to Berlin’s Holocaust memorial as a “memorial of shame” during a speech in Dresden in 2017, the former history teacher and state legislator was almost kicked out of his party.

But despite the fact that two-thirds of the AfD supported Höcke being expelled a 2018 tribunal ruled that he could remain

I've heard that word thrown around often, especially by the LPC. I'd have to see the context to make an informed decision.

Members of the far-right party Alternative for Germany (AfD) have backed an election manifesto that says Islam is not compatible with the constitution.

The anti-immigration Alternative for Germany (AfD) said on Sunday Islam is not compatible with the German constitution and vowed to press for bans on minarets and burqas at its party congress in two weeks’ time.

Its election campaign posters carried messages such as "Stop Islamisation. Vote AFD" alongside images of women wearing burkas, and "Burkas? We like bikinis".

Elected members of a Parliament aren't leaders? Let's say I'm wrong with my terminology, they're still elected members of a Parliament.
They are elected members of parliament, however they are on the fringe. Making up less than 10 percent across all countries in a system that uses PR
Significant enough I'd think.

But why did they even bring it up when the topic was aid for Ukraine?

Because of Trudeaus ego.
They also went after Macron saying that vaccine mandates were Capital punishment. Was it his ego as well?
He sees a fellow actor turn politician being hailed as a hero and icon of freedom and bravery and he wants some of that pie. He tries to inject his own experience dealing with terrifying violent extremists for some street cred.

It backfired and he got called out.
He got called out by those who think vaccine mandates are capital punishment, that Islam is not German or European, and that the holocaust memorial is a monument of shame.

Its as if Trudeau got called out by a member of the KKK. Would we care in that context? No. In Europe, the KKK could be elected to parliament. Should we care what they say? No.

Again, the fact that I am needing to say that it's not a good idea to be seriously considering the words of a member of AFD is honestly depressing.

Again, calling the 15% of Germans part of the AFD party borderline Nazis just to distract from valid points made against Trudeau isn't the way to play politics. Republicans say that Democrats hate white people. Democrats say that Republicans hate non-white people. It's all stupid shit to distract from whatever point was made that is entirely unrelated to these things. Grow up and be a better non-politically biased citizen. Listen to comments for the points made, rather than reverting back to your unconnected hatred towards their overall beliefs in an attempt to save your own beliefs. At least pretend you have a high enough IQ to not revert to such childish antics. Come on man.
Please, lets start posting what the KKK are saying about political leaders. What does the grand wizard of the KKK think about the convoy?

Again, using and showcasing someone from the ADF criticizing Trudeau just because they are and it’s Trudeau is a bad trade off.

Please, lets start posting what the KKK are saying about political leaders. What does the grand wizard of the KKK think about the convoy?
AFD =/ KKK

Unless you're claiming that 15% of Germany voted for the values of the KKK? What about the next party to the right that supports the large majority of their points? Are 25% of Germans 'mostly Nazi policy supporters'? What about all conservative parties? Are the majority of Germans 'kinda Nazis'?

Please stop side stepping to defend your support for Authoritarianism. The AFD sucks. Trudeaus crackdown of political dissidents sucked. I even voted for Trudeau the first time around too. Saying the other side is Fascist does not change the fact that your side is too. They BOTH are. Welcome to politics lmao

I can just picture the 1940s Communist version of you going "Those Nazi authoritarians called us Communist authoritarians! But they're NAZIS so their point is wrong!"

Except in this case of course they literally aren't Nazis. So you look double dumb for doubling up on this haha

AFD =/ KKK
Its true. One hates muslims. The other hates blacks. They both hate jews. But they are not the same.
Unless you're claiming that 15% of Germany voted for the values of the KKK?
15 percent of Germans voted for a party that says openly that Muslims are not Germans, that Islam is incompatible with the German constitution and that the Holocaust memorial is a shameful. Not the holocaust itself, but the fact they have a memorial. The country that caused the holocaust. That country.
Please stop side stepping to defend your support for Authoritarianism. The AFD sucks. Trudeaus crackdown of political dissidents sucked. I even voted for Trudeau the first time around too.
Damn right they do. So why people care about what a member of the AfD says is mind boggling. If more mainstream members of the MEP trash talked Trudeau after his speech, post those. Except people can't, because it didn't happen.

So the enemy of my enemy is my friend, even when they are a nazi sympathizing, muslim hating, threat to democracy party member.

I can just picture the 1940s Communist version of you going "Those Nazi authoritarians called us Communist authoritarians! But they're NAZIS so their point is wrong!"

Except in this case of course they literally aren't Nazis. So you look double dumb for doubling up on this haha
Yes yes, the AFD cannot be that bad, they said bad things about Trudeau. I don't like Trudeau, so they must be on to something.

Yes yes.

10 posts, 40 percent of them defending AfD as a legitimate viewpoint. If this is what I have to look forward to in new recruits to the CAF....

So the enemy of my enemy is my friend, even when they are a nazi sympathizing, muslim hating, threat to democracy party member.
No. The AFD sucks. Trudeaus crackdown sucked. Why is this so hard to understand that both sides get rid of your rights? Stop being politically biased in your attempt to let one political side of authoritarianism flourish so you can call out the other sides, but not vice versa. Get your political biases out of your head and learn to hate all types of authoritarianism.

Your narrow beliefs to see beyond party lines are what keeps us squabbling and oppressing each other

10 posts, 40 percent of them defending AfD as a legitimate viewpoint. If this is what I have to look forward to in new recruits to the CAF....
I'm here to defend liberty for all. My fiancée is a half Arabian that escaped Saudi Arabia (removed per request). You seem to be here to only defend liberty for one political thinking. I'd hate to see you enforcing laws. Be a better citizen and take your politically biased extremist views elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. The AFD sucks.
So stop posting about what a AFD member of parliament is going on about.

If there are other sources people want to use, intellectuals, politicians from non Islamophobic parties, then I'm all for it. I discussed the EA with others here before, and did not once shoot down what those people were saying.

I'm just saying nobody should give AfD and those associated with them the light of day. We should not care what they say about any damn thing.

I'm here to defend liberty for all. My fiancée is a half Arabian that escaped Saudi Arabia you ignorant shitstain. You seem to be here to only defend liberty for one political thinking. I'd hate to see you enforcing laws. Be a better citizen and take your extremist views elsewhere.
To believe that I got banned for posting Russian flags.

I'm here to defend liberty for all. My fiancée is a half Arabian that escaped Saudi Arabia you ignorant shitstain. You seem to be here to only defend liberty for one political thinking. I'd hate to see you enforcing laws. Be a better citizen and take your politically biased extremist views elsewhere.
Again, is that sort of language necessary?

that Islam is incompatible with the German constitution
Maybe they mean the part about women being second-class citizens,....if allowed to be citizens at all. I can say Catholicism is incompatible with the Canadian Charter of Rights if I chose,.....the part about sex for fun and abortions. Am I your enemy??

I'm not defending or accusing any party/people here, I don't follow anything European, but statements like you made are easy to shred.

15 percent of Germans voted for a party that says openly that Muslims are not Germans, that Islam is incompatible with the German constitution and that the Holocaust memorial is a shameful. Not the holocaust itself, but the fact they have a memorial. The country that caused the holocaust. That country.

It's always a mistake to assume that people who voted for a party necessarily agree with all of its deplorable positions. (Should be obvious from the number of times voting-for-least-objectionable surfaces in discussions on this site.) "Germany for Germans" might be all that motivates many of them; that would of course align them with anti-Islamic planks but not necessarily with a Holocaust denial plank.

It's important to be careful about understanding exactly what is going on given the numbers of people supporting that party. A problem can't be fixed by those who don't understand it.

Back