• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Or maybe more like these guys:

Wanted: multilingual former soldiers willing to covertly head into Ukraine for the handsome sum of up to $2,000 (£1,523) per day - plus bonus - to help rescue families from an increasingly grim conflict.
It sounds ripped from the script of an action movie, but the job advert is real - taken from an employment website, Silent Professionals, for those working in the private military and security industry.
And, insiders say, demand is growing. Amid a gut-wrenching war in Ukraine, US and European private contractors say they are increasingly eying opportunities, ranging from 'extraction' missions to helping with logistics.
There is "a frenzy in the market" for private contractors in Ukraine today, said Robert Young Pelton, a Canadian American author and expert on private military companies (PMCs).

Or maybe more like these guys:

Wanted: multilingual former soldiers willing to covertly head into Ukraine for the handsome sum of up to $2,000 (£1,523) per day - plus bonus - to help rescue families from an increasingly grim conflict.
It sounds ripped from the script of an action movie, but the job advert is real - taken from an employment website, Silent Professionals, for those working in the private military and security industry.
And, insiders say, demand is growing. Amid a gut-wrenching war in Ukraine, US and European private contractors say they are increasingly eying opportunities, ranging from 'extraction' missions to helping with logistics.
There is "a frenzy in the market" for private contractors in Ukraine today, said Robert Young Pelton, a Canadian American author and expert on private military companies (PMCs).

Vultures

Or visionaries ;)

• To provide a highly professional and confidential military advisory service to legitimate governments.
  • To provide sound military and strategic advice.
  • To provide the most professional military training packages currently available to armed forces, covering aspects related to sea, air, and land warfare.
  • To provide advice to armed forces on weapon and weapon platform selection.
  • To provide a total apolitical service based on confidentiality, professionalism, and dedication.

Mission Statement of Executive Outcomes

Criminalizing a piece of PPE seems silly to me. I don't think that a law like that would really stop someone who wanted it for the wrong purpose from acquiring it.
Not criminalized, it's provincial statute. It's a tool to help go after organized crime. Body armour is an attractive item for a lot of them, and it's not something as easily concealed as a firearm, nor is it much use unless they're wearing it, and so more likely to be found if they're interacted with by police. By making it illegal to possess, that offers another tool to allow for the identification and investigation of thsoe involved in street crime- it can become party of the grounds for a search warrant or other investigative steps, and it also allows for enforcement and penalties if police feel the juice is worth the squeeze in a given file in order to make the lives of criminals more difficult.

Alberta offers the option of getting a permit to buy or possess body armour if you can give a reasonable reason for it, e.g., you work as a bouncer or something.

Not criminalized, it's provincial statute. It's a tool to help go after organized crime. Body armour is an attractive item for a lot of them, and it's not something as easily concealed as a firearm, nor is it much use unless they're wearing it, and so more likely to be found if they're interacted with by police. By making it illegal to possess, that offers another tool to allow for the identification and investigation of thsoe involved in street crime- it can become party of the grounds for a search warrant or other investigative steps, and it also allows for enforcement and penalties if police feel the juice is worth the squeeze in a given file in order to make the lives of criminals more difficult.

Alberta offers the option of getting a permit to buy or possess body armour if you can give a reasonable reason for it, e.g., you work as a bouncer or something.
BC offers already possessing a PAL or Security License as reason enough to have it

BC offers already possessing a PAL or Security License as reason enough to have it

And this is where I get alittle irked; some things, such as this, should be applied equally to all citizens, i.e. federally determined. I have a PAL but that is of no consequence where I live. I’m just not a fan of double/many standards.

The only situation I would consider wearing it would be once rifle seasons kick in for hunting. Leases are pricey and public land can be “crowded”.

The only situation I would consider wearing it would be once rifle seasons kick in for hunting.

I was thinking the same thing when I could have been be issued one for free.

But, it came with the stipulation, "not to leave the station without donning a ballistic vest regardless of the nature of the call."

That cooled my enthusiam.

Public service announcement for released CAF members.

No, the CAF is not calling you back and asking you to rejoin the military because of Ukraine. Especially so for members who have medically released.

Please at least wait until WW3 starts to start publicaly making this claim in crowds and on social media.

Public service announcement for released CAF members.

No, the CAF is not calling you back and asking you to rejoin the military because of Ukraine. Especially so for members who have medically released.

Please at least wait until WW3 starts to start publicaly making this claim in crowds and on social media.
How dare you use "facts" and "logic" when people are gearing up to go Rambo in Kyiv? :sneaky:

Back