• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

Access and transparency is. Harper talked a big game but his team wasn’t the most transparent of accessible. Lots of self inflicted wounds. Don’t get me wrong, he was accused of a lot of things unjustly. But that wasn’t navigated very well.
Is Trudeau more or less transparent than Harper was and has that affected whether he has endeared himself or not?

Is Trudeau more or less transparent than Harper was and has that affected whether he has endeared himself or not?
Of course he isn’t. His team is more accessible and I don’t see them attacking the media as much. But transparency is not something I would ascribe to Trudeau or the LPC.

A friend of mine, who is a CPC member, told me that he has been receiving quite a number of urgent communications from CPC HQ asking for a financial contribution. Apparently the Party can't hold a leadership convention and be prepared to fight a possible election due to a minority government. He told them no.

At this time, I think that most Parties' financial resources are low and no one would be willing to being about the fall of the government any time soon.

Someone mentioned Ed Broadbent,not fitting in with his party as it currently stands.I doubt he's fit in with any of them these day.
Ed Broadbent is a gentleman , politicians these days are a collection of well dressed thugs.
By comparison Question Period makes feeding time at the Zoo's monkey house, look dignified.
And I may be insulting the monkeys with the comparison.

A friend of mine, who is a CPC member, told me that he has been receiving quite a number of urgent communications from CPC HQ asking for a financial contribution. Apparently the Party can't hold a leadership convention and be prepared to fight a possible election due to a minority government. He told them no.

At this time, I think that most Parties' financial resources are low and no one would be willing to being about the fall of the government any time soon.
it's always an "emergency/crisis" with the CPC fundraising crew. They are likley better off than any other party.

Someone mentioned Ed Broadbent,not fitting in with his party as it currently stands.I doubt he's fit in with any of them these day.
Ed Broadbent is a gentleman , politicians these days are a collection of well dressed thugs.
By comparison Question Period makes feeding time at the Zoo's monkey house, look dignified.
And I may be insulting the monkeys with the comparison.
My dad was an NDP MLA back in 67, I remember WAC Bennett patting me on the head in the hall of the Legislature and apparently WAS Bennett would have tea with my Grandparents in the Cafeteria. The theatrics were reserved for the chamber.

Yup, they never stop asking for money. And I think you right Colin, they always have a substantial war chest ready to be dragged out when needed.

Man, easy to be a hard ass when you are sitting on the sidelines hoping to take over the opposition, all sounds really easy until you have to do it yourself. Posted both the CBC article plus the original so you can read both. He's not wrong, but don't remember the Harper govt he was part of having any better luck engaging the numerous and overlapping First Nations on the west coast pipeline, so it's a lot more than just 'red tape'.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pierre-poilievre-eu-ukraine-response-1.6368621

POILIEVRE: Canadian natural gas is the solution to Europe's Russian energy crisis

His face is still inherently punchable though, even when I agree in principle with him. That's a tough hurdle.

To be sure, Rayes’s resignation and recent moves by interim CPC leader Candice Bergen to bounce the CPC’s only openly gay member, Eric Duncan, as caucus secretary and Alberta MP Michelle Rempel-Garner from her shadow cabinet role after backing O’Toole, clearly points a cementing of the party’s tack further right.

The current CPC is not the one Charest came this close to leading before falling to Kim Campbell all those years ago. It’s arguably further right of the party Harper’s Reform took over. The odds are further stacked against Charest as Poilievre’s backers push for an early leadership vote in June, which would give potential contenders little time to muster a campaign. It seems like a lost cause.

But Charest advisor Micheal Coates has been quoted in recent media accounts saying that Charest won’t be intimidated by “spin” among those in the party hierarchy who don’t want Charest to run. Indeed, the CPC would rather avoid a bloodbath that would end up scaring moderates in the fold to the Liberals and splinter the party further. But it seems unavoidable if Charest decides to run.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

FFS can’t the “moderates” find someone relevant to this century? This guy is literally yesterday’s man. If he runs I predict he will either go down in flames or alienate everyone west of Manitoba 🤦‍♂️

FFS can’t the “moderates” find someone relevant to this century? This guy is literally yesterday’s man. If he runs I predict he will either go down in flames or alienate everyone west of Manitoba 🤦‍♂️
Name another moderate who had the funds and the patience to run?

Chong ran before, didnt do well.

Ambrose wants nothing to do with it.

Mackay is done.

Do you think Charest would alienate everyone east of Manitoba? The only ones I see pushing for him to go are from the Laurentiens.
Ah, I thought you meant Poilièvre. Didn’t realize Charest was over the hill, but if Poilièvre is as old as they want, I think CPC better work some expectation management…perma-opposition probably as good as it’ll get…

Ah, I thought you meant Poilièvre. Didn’t realize Charest was over the hill, but if Poilièvre is as old as they want, I think CPC better work some expectation management…perma-opposition probably as good as it’ll get…
I won’t disagree with you about Pollievre. I don’t see him winning over the suburban voters that the party needs to attract. All the people I want to see run are long shots or won’t go near the party with a 10 foot meat hook. 😕

Right now Charest is the only one I'd consider voting for. He's in his sixties, far from over the hill.

Leave Houston where he is a few years!

Back