• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Filming/sharing videos of PW war crime? (split from Ukraine - Superthread)

2 things.

1. The revolution looked like is was going to happen regardless.

2. It never hurts to call out people, friends or foe, to follow the rules.

And its a relatively small thing they can do.

I suspect we may need to manage our expectations. I hope you're right, but we'll see what happens. There is still a very real chance this war doesn't end how we hope it does, but we also aren't fighting in it so we've really left it up to them. I will just have to disagree on this issue, I'm not going to cheer for Ukraine on the sidelines and then tell them how to fight in what is clearly an awful unjust one sided war. They need a miracle to fend off the Russians. Fingers crossed but I think it's hard to say how it ends.

I suspect we may need to manage our expectations. I hope you're right, but we'll see what happens. There is still a very real chance this war doesn't end how we hope it does, but we also aren't fighting in it so we've really left it up to them. I will just have to disagree on this issue, I'm not going to cheer for Ukraine on the sidelines and then tell them how to fight in what is clearly an awful unjust one sided war. They need a miracle to fend off the Russians. Fingers crossed but I think it's hard to say how it ends.
Listen, I am a full supporter of Ukraine, even got one of my pro Ukraine posts deleted.

But I was taught, by the CAF, that if I see something, say something. Not to allow little transgressions just slide by because someone is my friend, my buddy, my coworker, my boss.

Its a good life lesson. Nowhere did it say dont apply this to allies or Ukrainians.

Listen, I am a full supporter of Ukraine, even got one of my pro Ukraine posts deleted.

But I was taught, by the CAF, that if I see something, say something. Not to allow little transgressions just slide by because someone is my friend, my buddy, my coworker, my boss.

Its a good life lesson. Nowhere did it say dont apply this to allies or Ukrainians.
Oh please.......now it sounds like you're begging to be taken seriously.

Several folks well versed in these laws have called what you have claimed to be "iffy" at best.
Know what? When the various trials come up afterwards let's wait and see if this one makes the docket.

Oh please.......now it sounds like you're begging to be taken seriously.

Several folks well versed in these laws have called what you have claimed to be "iffy" at best.
Know what? When the various trials come up afterwards let's wait and see if this one makes the docket.
Okay, ill put it this way.

Would CAF members allow POWs to be filmed like what was shown? No?

Case closed.

Ill be sure to try this with the police should i ever have a run in with them

We obey the police because we choose. We choose to because we like order. If we don't like the law, we have courts to ensure that we are not mistreated even in detention.

Meanwhile, if we don't like the law, on moral or ethical grounds, we take it to parliament and challenge it and argue for it to be changed.

If they agree, then throw a parade.

If they disagree, then you are comfortably detained for the duration. Take the opportunity to work on that free MBA.

We obey the police because we choose. We choose to because we like order. If we don't like the law, we have courts to ensure that we are not mistreated even in detention.

Meanwhile, if we don't like the law, on moral or ethical grounds, we take it to parliament and challenge it and argue for it to be changed.

If they agree, then throw a parade.

If they disagree, then you are comfortably detained for the duration. Take the opportunity to work on that free MBA.
So...laws are to be followed then?

That's entirely fair.

To Russia.

Stop indescriminately bombing civilian districts, stop bombing civilian buildings, stop using cluster bombs, stop deploying thermobaric weapons, stop using ambulances to transport ammunition, stop firing at civilians.

And stop this illegal war.

To Ukraine.

Stop putting POWs on social media.

Okay, ill put it this way.

Would CAF members allow POWs to be filmed like what was shown? No?

Case closed.
Okay then Matlock.

Here is the link. File a case. You said you were taught to say something when you see something? Pony up.

Send them the video with your concerns and see what they respond. It will be a very good lesson for all of us here.

Let us know how it goes.

Okay then Matlock.

Here is the link. File a case. You said you were taught to say something when you see something? Pony up.

Send them the video with your concerns and see what they respond. It will be a very good lesson for all of us here.

Let us know how it goes.
I'll do that right after you file a complaint about all Russian violations.

Let me know when you're done.

I'll do that right after you file a complaint about all Russian violations.

Let me know when you're done.
I haven’t really been talking about Russian violations. You can correct me if I’m wrong. I also haven’t been lecturing everyone about it either.

If you are that serious about it file it. You seem pretty passionate about it. I mean if it really is a war crime in your opinion are you actually ignoring that? Otherwise you are just all talk about your adherence to those rules and it really must not be as important as you claim it is.

Case closed.

I haven’t really been talking about Russian violations. You can correct me if I’m wrong. I also haven’t been lecturing everyone about it either.

If you are that serious about it file it. You seem pretty passionate about it. I mean if it really is a war crime in your opinion are you actually ignoring that? Otherwise you are just all talk about your adherence to those rules and it really must not be as important as you claim it is.

Case closed.
What, you didnt post about Russians using therobaric weapons or running over civilians in armored vehicles?

Like I said, after you.
Not how it works. I wasn’t calling for war crimes like you were.

So you aren’t. Guess it isn’t the hill you keep seeming to die on. I’ll chalk it up to not being as serious as you claim it is and you just trying to squirm your way out of the argument.

Not how it works. I wasn’t calling for war crimes like you were.

So you aren’t. Guess it isn’t the hill you keep seeming to die on. I’ll chalk it up to not being as serious as you claim it is and you just trying to squirm your way out of the argument.
Or you can read where i said repeated that I dont expect or want Ukrainians to facing war crimes charges and would much rather they just cut it out.

Bill Murray Reaction GIF

Or you can read where i said repeated that I dont expect or want Ukrainians to facing war crimes charges and would much rather they just cut it out.

Bill Murray Reaction GIF
You said case closed. And bunch of other stuff about see something say something.

And you said someone should tell Zelenski, and the authorities to cut that stuff out. Yeah, they are busy right now trying not to die.

We are not going to agree on you thinking that that video is a war crime. I don’t think it is. I don’t think anyone will be prosecuted for it, I doubt that Russian soldier is going to file a complaint after the way he was treated. And anyone pursuing this case is wasting time and energy that could be put to good use elsewhere. Yes, Like tank running over Civies.. Is there a risk with all of this social media and instant imagery. Yes. That does not mean that the law should be interpreted dogmatically in all circumstances. Plain and simple. Context and if pursuing the incident is in the best interest of the laws in question. Justice may be blind but it does not have to be heartless.

I’m leaving it at that. Feel free to have the last word.

Back