• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Op UNIFIER - CAF and the Ukraine Crisis

Another radical suggestion, get the changes made to the NDA and other legislation to call up reserve units to active status for a fixed period.
That does not need a change to the legislation. Just an order in council.

• 31 (1) The Governor in Council may place the Canadian Forces or any component, unit or other element thereof or any officer or non-commissioned member thereof on active service anywhere in or beyond Canada at any time when it appears advisable to do so
    • (a) by reason of an emergency, for the defence of Canada;
    • (b) in consequence of any action undertaken by Canada under the United Nations Charter; or
    • (c) in consequence of any action undertaken by Canada under the North Atlantic Treaty, the North American Aerospace Defence Command Agreement or any other similar instrument to which Canada is a party.

🍻

Is there anything public on which formations/units are on deck? If it ain’t public, I’m not asking.
I don't think even the L1s know what exactly she was talking about yet. There are a multitude of opinions on what she meant but that's it.

I don't think even the L1s know what exactly she was talking about yet. There are a multitude of opinions on what she meant but that's it.
Depending on how OPSEC we keep it, we might not know, NATO isn't saying how many are going with yhe rapid response force. OSINT from when it was created suggest it could be as large as 40k. Past that I hope they dint publicly say more.

The MND just said on Power and Politics that the 3400 is part of what we already have pledged to NATO... they've been put on a reduced NTM... so in other words, nothing to see here.

Exactly it’s word salad, that’s it.

OSINT has details on the composition of the NATO VRTF for those who want to look.

The MND just said on Power and Politics that the 3400 is part of what we already have pledged to NATO... they've been put on a reduced NTM... so in other words, nothing to see here.
So just enough for guys to tell the ladies they might be going to war.

There goes my hopes of actually getting an F35 contract signed.

I am somewhat surprised that no.one seems to be asking about how this.effects Canadian defence spending and policy. It just seems to be.a.question that the media would be asking?

I am somewhat surprised that no.one seems to be asking about how this.effects Canadian defence spending and policy. It just seems to be.a.question that the media would be asking?
Politicians/Government hoping Russia stops, and then they can go back to fighting the green fight for Net-Zero 2050, and not spend anything more on Defence.

Back