• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Guys & Gals…

We are actually witnessing something historic happening, right here in Canada and right now as I type this.

The question we need to ask ourselves, and we truly need to be honest with ourselves (collectively) is… how the hell did we allow this to happen in Canada?

Is this the greed and weakness of a small minded leader showing us how much power the government actually has?

Is this the beginning of a social credit system, similar to the CCP’s?

Or is this just an ugly blip that, once over with, will fade away and Canada can become the country it once was? Maybe not as ambitious as in the past, but surely more than a dying, panting mammoth?

Mind boggling and sad to watch, tbh

Anyone who mentioned this was the path we were going down was called a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist. To all of those people: Enjoy the decline.

Secondly, it is hilarious people are still actually debating who they will vote for in the next elections and pontificating about irrelevant personal characteristics of people like PP in the face of what is presently happening under Trudeau. Clearly, if you value freedom and rights, the sane answer is anybody but the LPC and NDP.

Hmm, I don't quite get your reasoning here. The loss of business for everyone downtown Ottawa is a concern for all Canadians and what these "protestors" are doing there is not right.
People can vote with their wallets, that is their right. But death threats to employees who's only connection to the owner is that they work there? What kind of person does that? It has been noted by folks like Paul Wells and David Herle that their 60's protest friends are very quick now to advocate for the cops or the army to come in a break some heads. Funny how the comfortable folks become freedom of the land types when their comfort is challenged by what they consider "The Great Unwashed".
I don’t condone threats. But some people don’t seem to care about how this was affecting the locals because “Ottawa is a government town”. Now we are hearing of concern.

But people are free to patronize or not any business they choose. Plenty of boycotts are done on political lines that isn’t new. Businesses downtown were shut down, threatened and vandalized by bad apples. Bad apples on every side it would seem.

This convoy brought in a pile of outside elements. Once they are gone, this is still a local problem. Local owners, workers and taxpayers that have to deal with this.

The issue with this particular lady is that she is claiming she regrets making her donation saying she had no idea what this would become. It was very clear on the day she donated what this was and what it turned into. People aren’t buying it and her going to the media about it likely has not helped her case. She got doxxed. That is unfortunate. I’m not a fan of that but there is a lesson to be learned in giving money to dubious causes led by sketchy people on unsecure platforms.

But she got caught and now she has to deal with the fall out of her decision to support something that was hurting the city.

Hopefully the Convoy people will support her and maybe donate to her. The city is setting up something for affected businesses so maybe she will qualify.

But I suspect there will be a reckoning in this city after this is done. My real hope is that for well intentioned people that some sort of reconciliation/path can be achieved. But people are pissed. Ottawa has made a ton of effort to support its local businesses through this pandemic. Take out Fridays, free advertisements and spots on local TV, donations etc etc. When they see what they think is a betrayal that doesn’t sit well.

Other businesses have stepped up to offer all her employees jobs apparently.
You mean other business yet to feel the destructive effect of doxxing themselves, have offered jobs. How magnanimous of them.

So destruction of select businesses over a small donation, potential honest intention notwithstanding, has been judged by the angry mob to be acceptable now. Looks like we needn't worry ourselves with taxes being spent to maintain an official judiciary then. When do we get our tax rebate?

As well, will we see consistency in the doxxing, like including all the public servants who donated? I mean, that’s justification for their termination and suspension of any pension as well, right? And how about that guy that did an intra-branch transfer to a few truckers that was stopped by the bank. That’s justification surely for freezing and confiscating his assets, right?

But I find it quite funny that people who had no sympathy for local Ottawa businesses that feed the beast suddenly have concern.

People vote with their wallets.
Yeah, it’s hilarious…so long as you’re on the ‘winning’ side.

I don’t condone threats. But some people don’t seem to care about how this was affecting the locals because “Ottawa is a government town”. Now we are hearing of concern.

But people are free to patronize or not any business they choose. Plenty of boycotts are done on political lines that isn’t new. Businesses downtown were shut down, threatened and vandalized by bad apples. Bad apples on every side it would seem.

This convoy brought in a pile of outside elements. Once they are gone, this is still a local problem. Local owners, workers and taxpayers that have to deal with this.

The issue with this particular lady is that she is claiming she regrets making her donation saying she had no idea what this would become. It was very clear on the day she donated what this was and what it turned into. People aren’t buying it and her going to the media about it likely has not helped her case. She got doxxed. That is unfortunate. I’m not a fan of that but there is a lesson to be learned in giving money to dubious causes led by sketchy people on unsecure platforms.

But she got caught and now she has to deal with the fall out of her decision to support something that was hurting the city.

Hopefully the Convoy people will support her and maybe donate to her. The city is setting up something for affected businesses so maybe she will qualify.

But I suspect there will be a reckoning in this city after this is done. My real hope is that for well intentioned people that some sort of reconciliation/path can be achieved. But people are pissed. Ottawa has made a ton of effort to support its local businesses through this pandemic. Take out Fridays, free advertisements and spots on local TV, donations etc etc. When they see what they think is a betrayal that doesn’t sit well.
Honestly that is a load of crap.
She made a personal decision - didn't bring it into her work - and now she's toast?

The lesson learned is that some will publish info they have no right to publish -- where all the calls for the Government to go after the folks who leaked this -- that would be law and order, anything else is just partisan political hacking.

She made a personal decision - didn't bring it into her work - and now she's toast?

The lesson learned is that some will publish info they have no right to publish -- where all the calls for the Government to go after the folks who leaked this -- that would be law and order, anything else is just partisan political hacking.
These are political intimidation and attacks, nothing less. "If you oppose us, we will destroy you and your livelihood."

This is the kind of government and state funded media this country voted for.

When you allow the erosion of fundamental rights, even a little bit, this is what you get. This is the natural progression from "two weeks to flatten the curve".

Plenty of businesses will be affected by the personal decisions and choices of the ownership. That isn’t new.

I think the leak was US based. GSG probably or should have made a complaint to US authorities. But given GSG history of telling those authorities to eff off over some things I’m not sure how much attention it will get. Individuals can make complaints to the Privacy Commissioner about the data breach. Given the national and international attention though I am sure this will be investigated. Speaking from some experience in privacy law I’m not really sure how cooperative GSG will be though.

For months and even the weeks leading to the breach GSG was repeatedly warned that their security was weak and vulnerable. They did nothing to fix it and even stated that those statements were meant to discredit them. Eventually if you keeping leaving your car unlocked someone might try to steal it.

Another example of good for the goose, good for the gander.

If a similar list of donors to, say, Antifa was hacked & published, would people be curious about who's donating? Including looking for people dumb enough to use their easily-identifiable email addresses? Or is their privacy and right to expression/association just as protected as the folks donating to this cause?
If you look at the leak, the first and last names are all published because it was connected to credit card Info. People aren't dumb to expect this wouldn't get hacked at donation.
Most people donated anonymously to avoid being doxxed.
If you donated via Crypto, then you could be anonymous. The case use has been realized by growing number of people now.
Privacy and anonymousity should be expected and protected. We see the case for this growing and growing.

Question, brain trust. Considering the current situation, who do you think is really running Canada right now? Who is making decisions at the Federal level? Telford? Butts? The Cabinet? Freeland? I would dismiss our PM as being an intellectual lightweight and having no leadership skills at all so somebody must be pulling the strings. This may shed some light on the current lack of federal leadership. Thoughts?

The bad apples? Absolutely.
And Social Judge Member Remius et Cie. confirm that Ms. Giuliano’s sentence to financial ruin is appropriate to the crime.

Nice…

EDIT to retract, kept for records: I apologize to Remius for this statement based on my incorrect assumption of his ‘bad apples’ comment earlier.

Last edited:
She’s done. No way she recovers from this.
I used to frequent shops of people who I enjoyed their service, products and chit-chat, despite them having significantly different views. Yet we never let that difference interfere with the daily life, in fact we celebrated Canada as a place where two people of opposing views can sit down and have coffee/beer together without any drama.

Back