• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

So in regards to our CANSOF gent under investigation, maybe he was turned in by his fellows…

Link removed because of the sources, embedded in the tweet

Looks like some divisons and active participation in the actual protest.

Long story short. 2 assaulters are participating in the protest. Divisons at Dwyer hill as some are fed up with the anti vax posture of some.

Plato examined it. He was not impressed by democracy as he thought it would ultimately lead to Tyranny.
The plank owners of the US Constitution believed the same. Thought it would lead to tyranny of the majority. I wonder what they would think of representative democracy now.

The plank owners of the US Constitution believed the same. Thought it would lead to tyranny of the majority. I wonder what they would think of representative democracy now.
They may have thought so. Plato’s thoughts were that democracy would eventually attract those looking for personal gain, the US is certainly showing that. Canada it seems may be on the same route but our system is a bit more robust but I think it’s being severely tested.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

With this ^ and the second amendment I feel like the USA was created with the expectation that revolutions would happen.

I suspect there is a lot of support for these protests (and the multitude of issues) by members of the military and given the leadership and accountability crisis we're facing, sternly reminding members of QR&O 19.14 and 19.36 may not be as effective as it once was.

With is and the second amendment I feel like the USA was created with the expectation that revolutions would happen.
Washington wanted to abolish slavery but got some serious push back on that. I imagine the conversations would lead anyone to believe that.

So in regards to our CANSOF gent under investigation, maybe he was turned in by his fellows…

Link removed because of the sources, embedded in the tweet

Looks like some divisons and active participation in the actual protest.

Long story short. 2 assaulters are participating in the protest. Divisons at Dwyer hill as some are fed up with the anti vax posture of some.
9A257AD3-DC61-4660-8D14-D5DB46254EAA.jpeg64F24331-E802-4DC1-8013-E8A2F04F0B92.jpeg

If they where there, out of uniform and doing nothing untoward - what would it matter?
I highly doubt any assaulter would be out in their DEU's - given the fact most of those are in a closet two ranks stale and under 4" of dust...
Well there were identified some how, and now it's become a problem

We don't have a true democracy.

I can't vote directly on issues. I vote through a proxy but even then I can only hope they vote the way I want them to vote. If they don't I can't fire him. I need to wait 4 years to vote for a new one, even then I might not get my choice.

If the proxy I vote for votes against the party wishes then the person I voted for can be fired from the party. Lots of rea$ons for them not to vote against the party wishes.
You want everyone to have a vote button in their living room so that we can vote in every single issue? That’s crazy. None of the necessary evils would ever get funded, most people will have no idea of the consequences of what they’re doing (see Brexit)…

How can you have worn the uniform and had the Canadian flag on your shoulder and then cheer on these occupations/protests that are led by the likes of white supremacists like Pat King.

I'm not cheering on the white-supremacists-with-Pat-King part. You understand where you went wrong?

Canada it seems may be on the same route but our system is a bit more robust but I think it’s being severely tested.

Given how overtly the interests of prominent Liberals spill over into foreign policy, I doubt our "system" is more robust. The US "system" is under a lot more pressure with a much closer balance of divisions and, despite hand-wringing to the contrary, continues to function as it was laid down. (It helps to remember that the federal government isn't the be-all and end-all in the US and pay attention to the states.)

You want everyone to have a vote button in their living room so that we can vote in every single issue? That’s crazy. None of the necessary evils would ever get funded, most people will have no idea of the consequences of what they’re doing (see Brexit)…
There needs to be balance.

A country-wide referendum for every parliamentary decision is clearly unreasonable.

So too is having minimal to no effective accountability for several years until just a few weeks before before the next election. The response “you’ll have your say at the next election” is lazy and disrespectful of the social contract between politician and citizen.

If they where there, out of uniform and doing nothing untoward - what would it matter?
I highly doubt any assaulter would be out in their DEU's - given the fact most of those are in a closet two ranks stale and under 4" of dust...
You mean you don't see an issue with military members supporting a protest that was calling to replace the current government with their own committee?

Agreed. it looks like their colleagues may have reported them.

It’s the veiled alleged “supporting in one form or other” comment that raises eyebrows for me.

I guess we’ll see what that means when this comes to light.

There needs to be balance.

A country-wide referendum for every parliamentary decision is clearly unreasonable.

So too is having minimal to no effective accountability for several years until just a few weeks before before the next election. The response “you’ll have your say at the next election” is lazy and disrespectful of the social contract between politician and citizen.
Isn’t that what the Supreme Court is for?

Back