• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Not nearly as black and white as you've made it.

As well, if you look at places like Afghanistan for instance, less than 1% of Afghans are members of the Taliban.

A small number of people can have outsized effect in the right circumstances.

The Beer Hall Pusch which I alluded to earlier had less than 2000 active participants.

Oh great, some online poll, amazing. An election just happened during the pandemic with the mandates in place and the people of Canada made their decisions known. Just because these people are not getting what they want doesn't give them the right to start illegally blocking roads and borders and making demands.

I don't agree with some of the policies of the Liberals. So you're saying that next time I should just grab a thousand people and go block off parliament and start demanding ? This is not how the system works and it ignores what the majority of Canadians want. Otherwise we would have CPC and PPC running the Country.

Oh great, some online poll, amazing. An election just happened during the pandemic with the mandates in place and the people of Canada made their decisions known. Just because these people are not getting what they want doesn't give them the right to start illegally blocking roads and borders and making demands.

I don't agree with some of the policies of the Liberals. So you're saying that next time I should just grab a thousand people and go block off parliament and start demanding ? This is not how the system works and it ignores what the majority of Canadians want. Otherwise we would have CPC and PPC running the Country.
When did I say I wanted this protest to continue? I want this to end and I want political dialogue on these issues, instead what we get is more "gotcha" politics.

And some folks are still puzzling why some may not trust the Government’s intentions.

Quebec MP Joël Lightbound was 100% bang-on with Trudeau’s inherent divisiveness, which is covered by one of the few marked skills I’ll grant Trudeau…cunning camouflage from a bottomless well of vapid platitudes of “we’re all in this together” and “do your part for your fellow Canadians.”

The style of those words remind me of something…

1644786274758.jpeg

…or was it more like…

14D03989-3ABB-48C3-B830-1AAC63FF1432.jpeg

Edit to add: See, everyone has a little ‘Red Book’…some just use pretty pictures (of themselves, no less!) on the outside…
1644788370139.jpeg

Last edited:
When did I say I wanted this protest to continue? I want this to end and I want political dialogue on these issues, instead what we get is more "gotcha" politics.
Again, why start dialogue based off these people's demands? The proper way for this is for these people engage their MPs who would then represent them in Parliament and bring forth motions that you know, the people that Canadians elected can vote on them. So that way all Canadians' interests are represented, not just of these people.

Again, why start dialogue based off these people's demands? The proper way for this is for these people engage their MPs who would then represent them in Parliament and bring forth motions that you know, the people that Canadians elected can vote on them. So that way all Canadians' interests are represented, not just of these people.
Which would work if Trudeau cares or even acted like he cares what MP's say.

When the Ballot box doesn't work - people turn to the cartridge box...

Trudeau is just one riding in Montreal. If the majority of people wanted this change, they would have voted for the party that was campaigning on no mandates, which I believe the CPC and PPC was. But since that didn't happen, the majority of people voted for parties that didn't hold that position, then that's what the majority of Canadians want. That's how the system works.

When has that ever been the case in Canada? And if it has, it certainly isn’t after 6 or 7 years of Trudeau that would be the cause.

Yeah right. I don’t believe anything that group says. Either Watson is being played or it’s a fake. Wouldn’t shock me if he’s being played.
Probably being played, those "leaders" barely speak for those in the red zone.

Trudeau is just one riding in Montreal. If the majority of people wanted this change, they would have voted for the party that was campaigning on no mandates, which I believe the CPC and PPC was. But since that didn't happen, the majority of people voted for parties that didn't hold that position, then that's what the majority of Canadians want. That's how the system works.
I think you are exceptionally over-simplifying the issues.

Generally the Squeaky Wheel gets the grease - and why Lawful Assembly is part of the Democratic process.

It isn't just one issue, it is a whole bunch of issues - and why you are seeing other protests pop up elsewhere.

When has that ever been the case in Canada? And if it has, it certainly isn’t after 6 or 7 years of Trudeau that would be the cause.
Well, I would say Louis Riel, and JT's (alleged - as Fidel had a fair chance too) Father PET use of the CAF against the FLQ...

So you're saying that next time I should just grab a thousand people and go block off parliament and start demanding ?

Depends on who you are. If you're one of the perennial malcontents who chain themselves to things and sing along to drum circles, you're just a person in the neighbourhood. When people who ordinarily are too busy working and getting on with their lives take time out to b!tch, it means something more fundamental is wrong.

Actually that’s exactly how it works. Are you suggesting citizens must shut up and tow the Party’s line submissively between elections?

Oh, and you’re really stretching ‘majority’….plurality maybe…or maybe even more accurately, “the 2nd largest minority*” 😆 (you know, 32.6% being less than 31.3%). There is a difference between the “will of the people” and “electoral results.” 🧠

Generally the Squeaky Wheel gets the grease - and why Lawful Assembly is part of the Democratic process.

It isn't just one issue, it is a whole bunch of issues - and why you are seeing other protests pop up elsewhere.

Well, I would say Louis Riel, and JT's (alleged - as Fidel had a fair chance too) Father PET use of the CAF against the FLQ...
Sure, I got no issue with these people showing up every day in front of Parliament and protest. It's the blockading of roads and borders where it's not a lawful assembly anymore and is not part of the democratic process.

Actually that’s exactly how it works. Are you suggesting citizens must shut up and tow the Party’s line submissively between elections?

Oh, and you’re really stretching ‘majority’….plurality maybe…or maybe even more accurately, “the 2nd largest minority*” 😆 (you know, 32.6% being less than 31.3%). There is a difference between the “will of the people” and “electoral results.” 🧠
Liberals, NDP and Bloc did not run on no mandates position. So yea, put them all together and the majority of Canadians voted on the issue.

The right process in Canada is engage your MPs to represent your interests in Parliament. That's how it works.

😆 So Justin Trudeau and Joël Lightbound are equals now…you should consider stand up comedy. You’re awesome!

The FLQ was a terrorist group when terrorist groups were a thing. Especially leftist/marxist ones.

Louis Riel was somewhat insane with a Jesus complex.

Both issues were solved with the noose or military intervention. In one case, both.

Sure, I got no issue with these people showing up every day in front of Parliament and protest. It's the blockading of roads and borders where it's not a lawful assembly anymore and is not part of the democratic process.
I'm not disagreeing with the fact that it is no longer lawful assembly at that point.
However historically in Democratic countries unlawful acts by protestors gain a lot more traction.

Liberals, NDP and Bloc did not run on no mandates position. So yea, put them all together and the majority of Canadians voted on the issue.
You are again assuming people 1 issue voted...

😆 So Justin Trudeau and Joël Lightbound are equals now…you should consider stand up comedy. You’re awesome!
I'm not disagreeing with the fact that it is no longer lawful assembly at that point.
However historically in Democratic countries unlawful acts by protestors gain a lot more traction.

You are again assuming people 1 issue voted...
Yes, but if they really considered these mandates so wrong they would have voted based on that no? At least this is what these occupiers are screaming about all day, how it's about freedom, how's it the single most important issue and how they're fighting for the majority of Canadians to be free again?

Back