• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I saw it as well. These actions will certainly convince some American companies to pull pin.
Unrelated but I did smirk a bit in watching the Governor of Michigan out in front of the press complaining about the economic impacts, especially after the entire Line 5 Fiasco. 🤣

Thx God!

Michael Kempa just said on CBC what I and others have been saying for the past year:

The Security and Political Apparatus fundamentally failed in anticipating this and we now have upwards of over a million extremely angry and pissed off citizens who may be cleared off the streets of Ottawa and Windsor but are not going to go away and are mobilizing. That anger is being harnessed by nefarious actors and this has now become a significant challenge to the State's authority and Rule of Law.

And just watching CBC who have a reporter on the ground at the Ambassador Bridge. She is doing a great job reporting on events and is right with the crowd, despite many taunts.

Other things I have noticed:

There are babies in strollers, children, old people, disabled people, there are a bunch of other groups as well.

I just saw three older Sikh Men holding signs "Not Anti-Vaxx, Anti-Mandate"

I don't envy the Police in this very difficult situation.

Two stark opposite views of how this’ll go down:

1) ‘Sunny Ways’ coming back soon to a happy place in Canada near you! Kumbaya, Namaste…
1644704492115.jpeg

or…

2) The US drops its brotherly pretenses and drastically revises its supply chain to reduce susceptibility to untrustworthy foreign actors. (ie. Canada just signed it’s ‘deeply trusted neighbor’ death-warrant.
1644704338343.jpeg

I think we’re going to see 2) very soon…and from a Dem administration to boot.

1) ‘Sunny Ways’ coming back soon to a happy place in Canada near you! Kumbaya, Namaste…
View attachment 68658

or…

2) The US drops its brotherly pretenses and drastically revised its supply chain to reduce susceptibility to untrustworthy foreign actors. (ie. Canada just signed it’s ‘deeply trusted neighbor’ death-warrant.
View attachment 68657

I wonder if this will be impacted?

Because Americans can't have untrustworthy foreign actors owning critical infrastructure 🤔

Wouldn’t be surprised if it did.

View attachment 68658

or…

2) The US drops its brotherly pretenses and drastically revised its supply chain to reduce susceptibility to untrustworthy foreign actors. (ie. Canada just signed it’s ‘deeply trusted neighbor’ death-warrant.
View attachment 68657

Democrats have always been more adverse to trade and more isolationist than the republicans on that sort of thing so not shocking.

the cheerleaders for this thing would disagree and refuse to see that despite all the evidence and proof.

But hey, TDS and stick it to the man.
But apparently a few days ago, according to you and a couple of others, it was just a small thing, nothing noteworthy and we shouldn't be concerned.

When others like myself said this was bigger than that and we should very much be concerned with this, we were labelled apologists.

So which is it exactly?

I've been anti-mandate pretty much since the beginning for this very reason.

the cheerleaders for this thing would disagree and refuse to see that despite all the evidence and proof.

But hey, TDS and stick it to the man.
Funny how TDS comes up now more often, but from counter-TDS folks…

Democrats have always been more adverse to trade and more isolationist than the republicans on that sort of thing so not shocking.
An oft-quoted trope, but historical and pre-USMC Trade Agreement.

But I’m sure Biden’s call to Trudeau was in no way related to the PM shitting the proverbial leadership bed recently…

But apparently a few days ago, according to you and a couple of others, it was just a small thing, nothing noteworthy and we shouldn't be concerned.

When others like myself said this was bigger than that and we should very much be concerned with this, we were labelled apologists.

So which is it exactly?

It wasn’t a small thing a few days ago and I never said so a few days ago. I’ve been chiming on about it and getting called on it being asked for links and proof for over two weeks now and being told it’s only a few bad apples.

When this was only a trucker thing it wasn’t. But it got bigger. And bad actors on the alt right got involved and co-opted this and are now using the anger and anti mandate folks as useful fools. So yes, prior to this happening I freely admit to thinking it being smaller than anticipated.

The apologists Here are the ones that gleefully cheer this on and side with the extremists. They keep saying it’s only a few bad apples. It’s a whole produce section that is rotten to the core.

It doesn’t really matter any more. I predict this will only end one way. And we’ll still have a liberal gvt when the next election comes around.

So which is it exactly?

Ducking in only to say this: we were wrong.

Been offline all day ... Looks like I missed alot.

I'm just glad to see this ending without violence.

Lessons Learned should at least include assessment of the apparent laissez-faire attitude of National-level intelligence assessment (hey, what advice was our shiny new NSIA giving the PM btw? 🤔) and the key factors relating to the rapid infil of now-acknowledged bad actors.

Back