• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

In case there is a pay wall:

OTTAWA - The Canadian Armed Forces says it is investigating after one of its officers appeared in a video speaking out against vaccine mandates.

Maj. Stephen Chledowski is the latest serving member of the Canadian military to have spoken out against government-ordered mandates and restrictions intended to curb the spread and severity of COVID-19.

A video of Chledowski in uniform appeared on social media Thursday, as hundreds of anti-vaccine protesters continue to occupy parts of downtown Ottawa and block border crossings in other parts of the country.

It also came as hundreds of serving military personnel face the threat of forced removal from the Armed Forces for refusing to get their shots.

Defence Department spokesman Daniel Le Bouthillier confirmed Friday morning that the military was aware of the video and that what he described as “appropriate action” would be taken. Le Bouthillier did not say what that appropriate action might be, including whether criminal charges could be laid.

The military last year charged another officer with mutiny after he allegedly urged other members of the Canadian Armed Forces not to help with the distribution of COVID-19 vaccines.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Feb. 11, 2022.

Apparently he was already on the way out anyway, I believe over vaccines. He just wanted the (tantrum) annotation on his release item I guess.
Yah, he stated in the video that he was unvaccinated and didn't believe in it being forced on people.

I liked his whole "I served in Medusa" rant. So did a lot of others, they didn't feel the need for them to make a YouTube video in uniform about how hard done by they are.

Just get out of the CAF and go do something else that fits with your values and don't make a spectacle out of it.

Also, understand that it's ok to quit if your values don't align with the organization's any longer. It's also better for you and better for the service if you both go your separate ways.

Yah, he stated in the video that he was unvaccinated and didn't believe in it being forced on people.

I liked his whole "I served in Medusa" rant. So did a lot of others, they didn't feel the need for them to make a YouTube video in uniform about how hard done by they are.

Just get out of the CAF and go do something else that fits with your values and don't make a spectacle out of it.

Also, understand that it's ok to quit if your values don't align with the organization's any longer. It's also better for you and better for the service if you both go your separate ways.
It's because like some other...um...big event going on right now, he thinks he'll be hailed as a hero for speaking out.

Not that he's a moron who has probably screwed over future employment chances.

I could barely watch it...

(1) It was tres cringe

(2) His beard was driving me nuts! So poorly shaped and well out of regs, which I am sure he is ok with. But all the same erks my crown and laurels beating heart.

Video was removed. What was it?

They seem to be playing "whack a mole" with it over in YouTubeland. It's been downloaded and re-uploaded a few times by others crying "Freedom" trying to outrun the moderators. I guess birdbrains of a feather flock together - if only they would flock off together at the high port. It's also showing up on other sites with questionable parentage. I won't provide any links.

TUIS ET TIBI HONORI ESTO - “Bring honour to thy family and thyself”

Maybe he thinks so, but I would disagree. In some heraldic traditions, this would require defacement or abatement of his arms.

What could drive someone to do a video like this? Or the convoy? To donate to the convoy? Or all the highly credentialed people to go on the record and make the anti mandate statements they have made?

Back