• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Biden Presidency 2020-?

If Biden had enough marbles he would have declined to run and said "It would not be good for the country as being POTUS is to much for me now" If he had, my respect for him would have shot up. He is damaging his country for the benefit of his party.
Agree to disagree. All the damage to that country was done by the last occupant ... and it wasn't for the benefit of his country but for his own aggrandizement.

The Democrats assessed that Biden would have the best chance of winning and they were right. We both know Biden won't run again. He did what he was talked into and accomplished. The question now is will either party find someone who can move things forward and, quite frankly, as long as the House and Senate is made up of as many trolls as they have, no one will be able to move that country forward until one party has all the marbles and then the direction in which it will move is questionable in any event.

It's sad to watch.

🍻

"All"? No. The new administration and Congressional majority leadership have sole responsibility for some of their own decisions and execution thereof: southern border control; Afghanistan withdrawal; effect of public spending on inflation; COVID measures; energy policy; trade and economic policy; wasting time on honey-do-wish-list items that can't pass in a 50/50 Congress; divisive aggravating insulting rhetoric alienating roughly half of America more than it already was; weak vacillating uncertain foreign policy which emboldens foreign bullies.

He barely won, with a lot of help, and had no coattails. He wouldn't win if he ran again. His VP won't win. They've got one year to fill a USSC vacancy on their own terms if one arises; after that, the likely scenario is one year to negotiate a compromise with Mitch McConnell and one (final) year in which a nomination gets punted to after the next presidential election (again).

Democrats are stuck with Biden, Harris, Schumer, and Pelosi during one of their "turns" with the presidency and Congress. Some are trying to figure out how they're going to unf*ck themselves.

Agree to disagree. All the damage to that country was done by the last occupant ... and it wasn't for the benefit of his country but for his own aggrandizement.

The Democrats assessed that Biden would have the best chance of winning and they were right. We both know Biden won't run again. He did what he was talked into and accomplished. The question now is will either party find someone who can move things forward and, quite frankly, as long as the House and Senate is made up of as many trolls as they have, no one will be able to move that country forward until one party has all the marbles and then the direction in which it will move is questionable in any event.

It's sad to watch.

🍻

That's highly speculative and disingenuous.

I'm not a "Trumper" but I also don't suffer from TDS and trying to pin the current state of affairs on Trump forgetting that the 8 preceding years were Dems and its now Dems in charge again... Sounds like a Canadian Liberal blaming everything on Harper.

It's sad to watch.

🍻

Indeed.

The post below pretty much sums up my opinion,
if people would stop trying to drag Canada into the alt-garbage world

"Predictable." That's pretty rich, being posted in a Trump bukkake-fest.

My predictability does become apparent when the Trump toxin spreads to Canadian topics.

I regret (more than you can imagine) that my preference for facts and thinking is at odds with the majority of group-think in this thread. Yes, I've done a reality-check, wondering if I'm 'the only one in step,' and while I can understand some of the emotions behind this 'movement' I just can't understand the suspension of thought that embracing it requires (unless that sort of thing was never one's strong suit anyway). Oh well.

As I've stated before, I'm more than happy to avoid this mess altogether..... if people would stop trying to drag Canada into the alt-garbage world -- in this, and other, threads.

Some solutions are pretty simple.

Take a step back about Trump. Why was elected in the first place? He pulled a large part of the electorate than has not had a voice in a long time or feels that way. I get the feeling. An inner voice since my teenage years. Why is our county, culture and history being dismantled? Why is my job being sent to China? Why are my taxes so high? Plus the culture wars, why boys in girls bathrooms? Why is more more things that seemed to work in the past not working now. Etc etc etc. These thing may be wrong but that is what people are feeling. So of course they see Trump and say he is a faulted, failed and fald vessel but he is mine to take these things to Washington.

Trump may have been a self idolizing bastard with some stupid moments, but he generally played the foreign policy game well. He was not afraid to take a gamble on stuff and also to hit back in a measured way. Personally I think ISIS success and Donbass can be laid directly at Obama and the State Department feet.

Indeed.

The post below pretty much sums up my opinion,
If people think Canada is so much better and we don't have these problems I would disagree. It is there just under the surface. The challenge will be for the leaders will be to get to their happy future before it all comes to the surface and blows up. I do give them better odds here.

So…

I posted the fact check on Biden to demonstrate that he’s pretty much speaking a few falsehoods about his presidency. The last one did that as well.

Is the media being unfair to Biden right now? Or is the concept of fairness based on one’s political leaning or what side they cheer for.

Right now Biden is being roasted on most media outlets because of his ramblings and statements.

Because they can no longer gloss over them

Now that I find disingenuous.

When Trump was called on his many falsehoods and got fact checked the media was out to get him. But in this case now that it’s the other side it’s because “they can no longer gloss over them”.

I’m speaking in general here.

But yeah, it’s funny to see how people insert their biases. (I certainly don’t exclude myself in that).

At any rate. This isn’t a trump thread it’s a Biden one. Trump didn’t say the things Biden said. That’s on him and no one else.

So…

I posted the fact check on Biden to demonstrate that he’s pretty much speaking a few falsehoods about his presidency. The last one did that as well.

Is the media being unfair to Biden right now? Or is the concept of fairness based on one’s political leaning or what side they cheer for.

Right now Biden is being roasted on most media outlets because of his ramblings and statements.
It was an interesting and informative article but it also opened with a giant but first, Trump.

When Trump was called on his many falsehoods and got fact checked the media was out to get him. But in this case now that it’s the other side it’s because “they can no longer gloss over them”.

But yeah, it’s funny to see how people insert their biases. (I certainly don’t exclude myself in that).

At any rate. This isn’t a trump thread it’s a Biden one. Trump didn’t say the things Biden said. That’s on him and no one else.

It's all just Team X is better than Team Y ... no different than up here.

You're 100 % correct.

It was an interesting and informative article but it also opened with a giant but first, Trump.
Actually it didn’t open with that at all. But it put the article and the thesis in context. After his first year in office. So of course comparisons will be made. They are always made.

And in fact I believe the author used the context to get that comparison out of the way to make his point and not minimise the falsehoods that Biden has been saying. Basically meaning that Trump’s much more numerous false claims in his first year does not excuse Biden’s smaller number.

It's not so much the falsehoods with Biden, as the sheer incapability to lead and his ability to remember things. The man was not fit for office.

"Of course, Trump..." is a technique for deflecting criticism, particularly "what about" distractions.

Biden isn't being treated unfairly now. Arguably he was treated unfairly (favourably) earlier. Regarding his reclusiveness and verbal tics, he was extended a lot of courtesy during the campaign and his early months in the White House. But he hasn't delivered what was expected (even accounting for some of the ridiculous over-promises), and people are losing their cool. Also, it's much harder to ignore when he tells the same bullsh!t story for the fourth or fifth time.

Moderates wanted to see him as an experienced hard-working old-line politician who would bridge gaps, increase comity, and restore America to a middle path. Progressives wanted to see him as someone who was going to deliver much of the left-Democratic wish list. Both visions were sold by supportive media, and people saw the parts they wanted to see. Particularly, they overlooked his actual history in Congress and as VP. One year in, neither group is getting what they expected. Moderates are merely dissatisfied; progressives see the House (near certain) and Senate (highly likely) going Republican this fall, with all that means for legislation and Senate-confirmed appointments, and no obvious 2024 presidential candidate who can win, meaning potentially another 10+ years of no movement forward on their "vision".

The Democratic fear and panic is fueling a lot of creative thinking regarding how Democrats can fix their line of presidential succession before 2024 (ie. ensure neither Biden nor Harris is the candidate, and preferably to engineer a change of VP to a desirable candidate). Their holy grail is to replace Harris as VP and then have Biden abdicate.

That's highly speculative and disingenuous.

I'm not a "Trumper" but I also don't suffer from TDS and trying to pin the current state of affairs on Trump forgetting that the 8 preceding years were Dems and its now Dems in charge again... Sounds like a Canadian Liberal blaming everything on Harper.
There hasn't been enough time to damage the country since a year ago. It wasn't Biden's people crapping in the halls of Congress. "Disingenuous" - calling a spade a spade isn't disingenuous - it's just uncomfortable and challenging to the opinions of some who refuse to see the reality of what was there for four years.

"Sounds like a Canadian Liberal" - hardly. I'm firmly right of centre and used to be a supporter of Republicans until they started believing that they were God's chosen governing party.

🍻

There hasn't been enough time to damage the country since a year ago. It wasn't Biden's people crapping in the halls of Congress. "Disingenuous" - calling a spade a spade isn't disingenuous - it's just uncomfortable and challenging to the opinions of some who refuse to see the reality of what was there for four years.

"Sounds like a Canadian Liberal" - hardly. I'm firmly right of centre and used to be a supporter of Republicans until they started believing that they were God's chosen governing party.

🍻

Ok so your feelings and your opinions tell you this. But exactly what did Trump do via legislation that has so damaged that country ?

Was he garbage ? Yup. But he really didn't accomplish much, thankfully. Guess what ? Biden is garbage too. Garbage isn't exclusive to one side.

Was the country polarizing/polarized ? Trump was/is a symptom not causation. Vast amounts of people who voted for Trump also voted for Biden and Obama. Millions of them.

In a country of 300 million people the best the two parties could offer was Trump and Biden. That's a sad state of affairs.

The issue is shitty politicians on both sides of ailes and trying to blame it on one four year period IS disingenuous and highly speculative.

And yes, it's the same as Trudeau continually blaming his failures and inaction on previous governments.

Sit where you like and I think we share hectares very common ground, but that has nothing to with this.

I think Biden's honeymoon is just about over. Even the MSM, who were willing to, let's say, stretch the truth in the beginning are not feeling that generous anymore. Even Psaki is getting sandbagged more. Instead of asking Biden what his favourite ice cream is, his questions are getting harder for him. I'm not quite sure how they got him ready, but I was pretty surprised when he hit the two hour mark. However, there's always a nasty payment for every use of magic.....or drugs. He was 'innacurate', to be polite, a few times. He said he visited an AstraZeneca plant, in Michigan, to provide needed equipment. AstraZeneca spokesperson said in a Wednesday email: "AstraZeneca does not have vaccine manufacturing operations in Michigan and President Biden never visited an AstraZeneca manufacturing facility."
Biden said there were only 2 million people vaccinated when he took over as POTUS. In fact, CDC published records indicate there were over 3 million fully vaccinated people on 19 January. On Inauguration Day, 20 Jan, there were 3.4 million fully vaccinated. Vaccinations didn't start until 14 Dec 20. In 35 days, Trump got 3.4 million vaccinated.
Biden said, "And we just made surprise medical bills illegal in this country." In actuality, Trump signed that bipartisan bill in 2020.
Biden says he created six million jobs. He took office after the pandemic was responsible for taking 22 million jobs. Recovery of those jobs started taking place under Trump in May 2020 up to the 2021 Inauguration. As of Dec 2021, there were still 3.6 million unemployed from the previous pandemic numbers. He's still paying an uncollected debt. He didn't really create anything. People just went back to work. About12 million went back to work under Trump in 7 months.
I'll leave the discussion about him throwing the Ukraine under the Russian bus to more tactical participants of the forum.

Back