• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The WTF News Files

"Bomb squad called to hospital after man with WWII-era mortar stuck in his rectum"

Shouldn't that be "Bum Squad"?

Sorry, couldn't pass up the pun though I cannot take credit for the witticism. I saw it on a comedic British panel show.

Dumbass. She was charged criminally with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.

Hopefully they seized her phone as evidence too.
A poster on another forum said she saw a Twitter feed describing that she was driving at high speed along the river, for quite a distance. If she's that social media engaged, there's probably a record of her driving from inside the vehicle.

Oh to be fly on the wall when she calls her insurance company.

Hey, there's an Ottawa City Councillor who attended a virtual City Council Meeting while driving, with his phone or computer on the seat beside himself - he later was shamed into reporting himself to the police.

Yet somehow he's still allowed to drive. We need to make it easier to strip licenses, and difficult to get it back.

Hey, there's an Ottawa City Councillor who attended a virtual City Council Meeting while driving, with his phone or computer on the seat beside himself - he later was shamed into reporting himself to the police.

Yet somehow he's still allowed to drive. We need to make it easier to strip licenses, and difficult to get it back.

Ottawa police confirmed to CTV News that a charge was laid against Darouze under the Highway Traffic Act and that he was fined $615 dollars.

Why wouldn't he still be allowed to drive? The penalty he received was in-line with the HTA.

If you have an A, B, C, D, E, F, G and/or M licence, you’ll face bigger penalties when convicted of distracted driving:
  • First conviction:
    • a fine of $615, if settled out of court (includes a victim surcharge and the court fee)
    • a fine of up to $1,000 if a summons is received or if you fight the ticket in court and lose
    • three demerit points
    • 3-day suspension

I am suggesting that the HTA is excessively lenient.

Distracted driving? Lose your licence six months, forced to retest.

Do it again? Two years, and back to a graduated license.

Third violation? Lifetime loss, and ban from operating a motor vehicle in Ontario ever again, even with licensure elsewhere.

A poster on another forum said she saw a Twitter feed describing that she was driving at high speed along the river, for quite a distance. If she's that social media engaged, there's probably a record of her driving from inside the vehicle.

Oh to be fly on the wall when she calls her insurance company.
Wow, I bet she’ll put Frankie LaPenna to shame!

She’s a moron. She’ll get identified eventually. Aside from the criminal charges I’m sure she’ll be let go from her current employment. It’s her attitude after that has everyone pissed off.

I am suggesting that the HTA is excessively lenient.

Distracted driving? Lose your licence six months, forced to retest.

Do it again? Two years, and back to a graduated license.

Third violation? Lifetime loss, and ban from operating a motor vehicle in Ontario ever again, even with licensure elsewhere.

It's almost as if the planets are aligning . . .

Alberta justice minister to 'step back' from duties during conduct review after traffic ticket: Kenney​

Premier Jason Kenney has asked Alberta's justice minister to "step back" from his ministerial duties until an independent review into his conduct following a distracted-driving ticket he received in 2021 is completed.

Alberta Justice Minister Kaycee Madu called Edmonton's police chief to discuss a distracted-driving ticket he received, the Edmonton Police Service confirmed to CTV News.

Madu, the MLA for Edmonton-South West, was pulled over and fined on March 10, 2021, police said.

"Minister Madu had concerns about the context of the traffic stop," EPS spokesperson Cheryl Sheppard told CTV News in an email.

Sheppard added Madu did not ask Chief Dale McFee to rescind the ticket.

"The ticket remains valid and was issued correctly."

Premier Jason Kenney has asked Alberta's justice minister to "step back" from his ministerial duties until an independent review into his conduct following a distracted-driving ticket he received in 2021 is completed.

Alberta Justice Minister Kaycee Madu called Edmonton's police chief to discuss a distracted-driving ticket he received, the Edmonton Police Service confirmed to CTV News.

Madu, the MLA for Edmonton-South West, was pulled over and fined on March 10, 2021, police said.

"Minister Madu had concerns about the context of the traffic stop," EPS spokesperson Cheryl Sheppard told CTV News in an email.

Sheppard added Madu did not ask Chief Dale McFee to rescind the ticket.

"The ticket remains valid and was issued correctly."

'I REGRET RAISING THE ISSUE'
In a statement, Madu said he was pulled over after leaving his home and that he ultimately regrets calling the police chief after the ticket had been issued.

"The officer indicated that he had observed me driving while distracted, alleging that I was on my phone," the justice minister said. "I disagreed, stating that I was not on my phone, as it was in an inside pocket.

"Later, I spoke to Chief Dale McFee," Madu added. "Due to the timing of the incident, I wanted to ensure that I was not being unlawfully surveilled following the controversy surrounding the Lethbridge Police Service. I also raised concerns around profiling of racial minorities that was in the media at the time."

At that time, a review into Lethbridge police conduct in 2017 was being prepared after reports of unlawful surveillance of NDP MLA Shannon Phillips, the then environment minister.

According to Madu, McFee assured him that this was "most definitely" not the case.

"To be abundantly clear, at no point did I request that the ticket be rescinded. I would never do that," Madu said.

"However, in that particular call, I regret raising the issue at all with the Chief McFee," he added. "I paid the ticket fully and promptly. I have the utmost respect for our men and women in uniform, and for the invaluable, often thankless role they perform."
. . .

If Ontario's penalties don't meet your approval, then Alberta's penalty of a $300 fine and three demerit points will not improve your mood.

A little bit of trig and time calculations and they should be able to come up with decent speed determination and slide that into the Crown Brief.

A little bit of trig and time calculations and they should be able to come up with decent speed determination and slide that into the Crown Brief.
…or by taking the inverse cosine of the angle of the shockwave spreading off the front of the car!
1642542260372.gif

Well now, video games cause terrorism, all those mothers I'm the 90s might of been onto something.....

Back