• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New WW2 strategy game in development featuring Canadian Forces

MilEME09

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

Introducing "The Troop" a new platoon based strategy game taking placing during the Normandy campaign from the Canadian and British perspective. Command a single platoon of troops and a handful of vehicles. All in all the concept sounds good, I'll be interested to try in next winter.

Introducing "The Troop" a new platoon based strategy game taking placing during the Normandy campaign from the Canadian and British perspective. Command a single platoon of troops and a handful of vehicles. All in all the concept sounds good, I'll be interested to try in next winter.
If this interests you, I'd recommend giving the Men of War Series a look. It has a similar setup (control and handful of troops+vehicles and clear out a map full of baddies) but is a bit more physics and RTS-based. Set up a few mods, maybe fool around in the editors and its infinite fun

If this interests you, I'd recommend giving the Men of War Series a look. It has a similar setup (control and handful of troops+vehicles and clear out a map full of baddies) but is a bit more physics and RTS-based. Set up a few mods, maybe fool around in the editors and its infinite fun
Men of war is a great series, still have yet to beat any mission on heroic difficulty, don't think I ever will either.

Been watching vids on you tube. Looks like Xcom WW2 style. Je suis tres excite!

Men of war is a great series, still have yet to beat any mission on heroic difficulty, don't think I ever will either.
Haha yeah the more recent games just turn your units into tanks that can take an entire magazine's worth of bullets but turn up that difficulty and they just get one-shotted like in every other title, really encourages you to use everything you can find to progress through but it's a slog for sure.

I'm genuinely thrilled about the development of this new WW2 strategy game, especially since it shines a spotlight on the Canadian Forces. It's a fresh perspective that's not often explored in gaming, offering players a unique insight into Canada's significant contributions during the war.
Perhaps the defence of Kapyong could be included at some point.

Back