• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Surface Combatant RFQ

Sorry about my previous quote and the past some other ones. I have aphasia and words come out not as planned. I can read it 10 minutes and it still looks normal. So I apologize in advanced for unintentionally jerk-ish.

The Monkey one I regret still.

Sorry about my previous quote and the past some other ones. I have aphasia and words come out not as planned. I can read it 10 minutes and it still looks normal. So I apologize in advanced for unintentionally jerk-ish.

The Monkey one I regret still.
I have no excuse!

A short comment mostly on the VLS of the CSC in comparison to a select group, basically 32 or even 34 isnt too bad

BAE Systems sends UK’s Type 26 frigate design data to Australia to support the construction of the Hunter-class frigates. They're transferring design information, drawings, data, videos, diagrams and tools to a team of engineers at Osborne to establish a new design capability for the warships in Australia.

I ask myself if we have the budget to fill all the cells and have reloads?
200 SM-2 IIIc is a good start. Also the Sea Ceptor order for an undisclosed amount. We’ll get there. Sigh.

One thing I will commend the grits for is making a plan and sticking to it. We might not agree with their priorities but there we go.

BAE Systems sends UK’s Type 26 frigate design data to Australia to support the construction of the Hunter-class frigates. They're transferring design information, drawings, data, videos, diagrams and tools to a team of engineers at Osborne to establish a new design capability for the warships in Australia.

Have to wonder if we'll be offered this as well. The Ozzie's are getting reacquainted with the Motherland quite nicely recently whereas we are quickly going down the path of being that kid that is picked last to be on a team in gym class.

It’s like Lockheed and the Navy are having an argument about how many vls cells we should have.
View attachment 66921
Thats pretty dated and the data I saw
Have to wonder if we'll be offered this as well. The Ozzie's are getting reacquainted with the Motherland quite nicely recently whereas we are quickly going down the path of being that kid that is picked last to be on a team in gym class.

How do you know the data hasn't already been transferred? It's not like our project offices are full of people who talk to the media, unlike apparently the Australian ones.

Design transfers have quite a bit to do with manufacturing and construction. Australia needs to toolup and reinvigorate their shipyard. Ours is already going full tilt.

Its a nice story but I wouldn't read to much into it.

How do you know the data hasn't already been transferred? It's not like our project offices are full of people who talk to the media, unlike apparently the Australian ones.

Design transfers have quite a bit to do with manufacturing and construction. Australia needs to toolup and reinvigorate their shipyard. Ours is already going full tilt.

Its a nice story but I wouldn't read to much into it.
I always enjoy hearing your opinion or side of the story, brings a good balance.

A short comment mostly on the VLS of the CSC in comparison to a select group, basically 32 or even 34 isnt too bad

When I read the reference material in the above story it mentioned "the Medium Patrol Vessels". This is the first I've heard of this. are they referring to the MCDV replacement?

for each of the following programs, the AOPS program, the Off-shore Oceanographic Science Vessel, the Off-Shore Science Fisheries Vessels, the Canadian Surface Combatants, the Polar Icebreaker, the Program Icebreakers, and the Medium Patrol Vessels,

I think Mr. Blaney (Bellechasse-Les Etchemins-Lévis) may have misconstrued MPV, the ships allocated to Seaspan for the Coast Guard. MPV does not stand for Medium Patrol Vessel. It stands for Multi-Purpose Vessel. Seaspan will be building up to 16 of them.

Starboard.png

Back