• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kenosha Shooting - split from The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

He crossed state lines.

Still making the rounds. Probably my all-time favourite on a long list of things that just aren't so about the case. Started out as "crossed state lines with a weapon", but the fact he wasn't carrying a weapon at the time became public knowledge long ago. Some people, though, are gifts to comedy, so instead of dropping the point entirely they just dropped the bit about carrying/transporting a weapon.

Geez. How many people do they need to put him in a long-sleeved jacket and ball gag?
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

They will be accused of being over prepared, or under prepared, either way.

Let's not forget, hundreds of NYC cops are not working right now because of the vax mandate. They don't even have the people to cover regular shifts. If they want an extra police presence, they have to pay for it.

Reactions: QV
2. He crossed state lines. He lived 20 miles from Kenosha in Antioch, Ill., with his mother and sisters. But his father, grandmother, aunt, uncle, cousins and best friend live in Kenosha. He had a job as a lifeguard in Kenosha and worked a shift on Aug. 25 before helping clean graffiti left by rioters at a local school. There, he and his friend were invited to join other adults who had been asked by the owners of a used car lot in Kenosha to guard the property after 100 cars had been torched the previous night, when police abandoned the town to rioters. Kyle took his gun to protect himself, since the rioters were violent and armed, including, for instance, Antifa medic Gaige Grosskreutz, who lunged at him with a loaded Glock pointed at his head before he was shot in the arm.

5. Rittenhouse’s mother drove him across state lines to the riot. Wendy Rittenhouse, 46, never went to Kenosha. She slept late the morning of Aug. 25 after working a 16-hour shift at a nursing home near her home in Antioch, she told the Chicago Tribune. Kyle had already gone to his job in Kenosha when she woke up.

From the same article

3. Rittenhouse took an AR-15 across state lines. Esquire accused him of “terrorist tourism.” False. His rifle was kept in a safe at his best friend’s stepfather’s house in Kenosha.

4. The gun was illegal. Wrong. Under Wisconsin law, he was entitled to possess the AR-15 as a 17-year-old. The judge dismissed the gun charge, which the prosecution never should have brought
I don't understand why you quoted my post in your reply.

And further to the gun

He could legally carry a weapon, he just couldn't purchase it. Nor could he, nor anybody else, carry it if it was a "dangerous" weapon ie one that was sawn off

SBR's (Short Barreled Rifle) down here means any rifle with a sub 16" barrel - they are NFA items and require a $200 Tax Stamp to posses (if allowed in your state), and you cannot cross a state line with a personally owned one without approval from the ATF (ATF 5320.20)
(Interstate Commerce laws allow for FFL/SOT Business to cross without needing a Form)
Also one needs to be 21 years of age or older to get one.

SBR's (Short Barreled Rifle) down here means any rifle with a sub 16" barrel - they are NFA items and require a $200 Tax Stamp to posses (if allowed in your state), and you cannot cross a state line with a personally owned one without approval from the ATF (ATF 5320.20)
(Interstate Commerce laws allow for FFL/SOT Business to cross without needing a Form)
Kevin,
Is that the same rule if it's classed as an AR pistol? Or is a 6" barrel and wrist support still considered a SBR?
That was the one advantage, with ours being all restricted (now prohibited). We could change out uppers, no matter the barrel length.

Let's not forget, hundreds of NYC cops are not working right now because of the vax mandate. They don't even have the people to cover regular shifts.

From 2 Nov.,

When asked if the department has had to move shifts around due to officers being placed on unpaid leave, ( NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea ) said "no we really haven't...it's really status quo."

I suspect if there is a riot, it will be "woke whites" and Antifa. The majority of black people there are not going to care if a white dud successfully got off shooting 3 other white dudes while defending himself.

I doubt mere "woke whites" want to risk getting involved that deeply. They leave that to the scumbags. Ziminski, Rosenbaum, Huber, and Grosskreutz all had some kind of priors. The guy now known as "jump kick man" (Maurice Freeland) also has priors, but he's black. No-one on the left seems to want to take that information on board and process it to figure out who was really a threat to whom.

Thing about bullies is, they pick the easiest targets when they can. Thus, the young, fresh-faced guy who runs away.

Kevin,
Is that the same rule if it's classed as an AR pistol? Or is a 6" barrel and wrist support still considered a SBR?
That was the one advantage, with ours being all restricted (now prohibited). We could change out uppers, no matter the barrel length.

The Pistol aspect is different - but you still need to be 21.
It either needs to be built as a pistol or acquired receiver only and then built into a pistol.
An individual cannot make an AR pistol out of a AR rifle (they created an illegal SBR if they do that).

I can go over the various intricacies of AR Pistols somewhere else if you want - but I have to get out the door to hockey - and it will take a lot more time than I have now to type up.

I remember in Canada when they restricted my 20" Colt AR-15A2, I then ran out and got an 11.5" upper - as why not it was restricted anyway...

Guns in Canada is fight for the narrative because the facts don't support what is being pushed through as law and legislation.

We have two problems as Canadian shooters:

1) Pro gun politicians are either unwilling or unable to force the debate and express the correct data, which I think if was more widely know would change things; and

2) We have too many wing nuts with guns who have empty fantasies and visceral emotional outbursts when it comes to their guns. These people allow the anti gun folks control the narrative.

I hate to give him props but @Altair is right. This is a battle for urban votes and the narrative. Until we can grasp that were doomed to our own fate.

Guns in Canada is fight for the narrative because the facts don't support what is being pushed through as law and legislation.

We have two problems as Canadian shooters:

1) Pro gun politicians are either unwilling or unable to force the debate and express the correct data, which I think if was more widely know would change things; and

2) We have too many wing nuts with guns who have empty fantasies and visceral emotional outbursts when it comes to their guns. These people allow the anti gun folks control the narrative.

I hate to give him props but @Altair is right. This is a battle for urban votes and the narrative. Until we can grasp that were doomed to our own fate.
How far does it go though? The RCMP/Liberals are already banning single shot rifles that are "too powerful" and bolt action rifles and shotguns because they look wrong. I maybe could accept some of these restrictions if I knew there was an endpoint. Even the banning of handguns and all semi automatics which will probably be the next step.

On the Rittenhouse case, I question why he was even tried, it seemed pretty obvious to me that it was self defence. We see a lot of that in Canada with the high profile cases like Duffy, Norman, Ghomeshi, etc that there wasn't ever a case at all and yet the crown/prosecution proceeds all the way. Why is that? What can be done to rectify it? And you have to wonder how many of the low profile cases are of the same nature where defendents probably plead it out due to their fear of the process and lack of funds or access to legal representation

How far does it go though? The RCMP/Liberals are already banning single shot rifles that are "too powerful" and bolt action rifles and shotguns because they look wrong. I maybe could accept some of these restrictions if I knew there was an endpoint. Even the banning of handguns and all semi automatics which will probably be the next step.

On the Rittenhouse case, I question why he was even tried, it seemed pretty obvious to me that it was self defence. We see a lot of that in Canada with the high profile cases like Duffy, Norman, Ghomeshi, etc that there wasn't ever a case at all and yet the crown/prosecution proceeds all the way. Why is that? What can be done to rectify it? And you have to wonder how many of the low profile cases are of the same nature where defendents probably plead it out due to their fear of the process and lack of funds or access to legal representation

It goes as far as they want until we can saddle the narrative and start to educate the public.

Kenosha ? Seems to be a big bust. Truly if you watched the trial proceedings and still think he is guilty I have to assume your politically cemented in your position and your bias is bullet proof.

Because the politicians push for the prosecutors/police to press charges to appear they are "doing something", then throw up their hands and blame the court when the case that should never get that far fails, they also hope to win some because the other side does not have the money/stamina and health to fight and pleads to lesser charge to escape the threat.

Back