• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

So when he says that the 'people have spoken', nah, just 19 with the loudest voices have spoken.

Not even the loudest voices. some of those 19 were given megaphones based on their geography.

FPTP worked when we were a small nation of 4 provinces. We are the second largest country by area in the world. Being "Canadian" unites us all when its the IIHF World juniors, but I guarantee the interests and concerns a person in St. John's has differ tremendously to someone in Calgary, and thus are not "Canadian" interests.

Moreover, it only serves to alienate the rest of the country to have Toronto and Montreal dictate who will run the country before the polls even close on the West Coast. Its lunacy like this that will lead to stronger calls for succession in places like Alberta. Hell even in rural Ontario there are a lot of people pissed off that Toronto called the election for them.

I’ve found a number of people voted LPC because they identify as being liberal and they actually believe Trudeau and the LPC espouse liberal values. A lot can be assumed just from a name. I don’t like the CPC name, it comes across as the old dusty party of our grandparents, “conservative” doesn’t sound as enlightening as “liberal”. The CPC needs new branding and a name change to appeal to a large group of voters.

The problem with all the policy planks that involve subsidies is that all the people who qualify get the same thing. All the extra money just lifts the bids (prices).

Buy land and find a floor plan from 1970 and build to it.
no one needs 2500 square foot house with 3 bathrooms, a Jacuzzi, sauna and exercise room and almost everyone can learn to hang drywall and do other basic rennos.

Too bad Eaton's wasn't still around:

Eatons%2BHouses%2BMuseum%2Bof%2BCivilization.jpg
no, but colonial homes and other pre-fab outfits still exist

I’ve found a number of people voted LPC because they identify as being liberal and they actually believe Trudeau and the LPC espouse liberal values. A lot can be assumed just from a name. I don’t like the CPC name, it comes across as the old dusty party of our grandparents, “conservative” doesn’t sound as enlightening as “liberal”. The CPC needs new branding and a name change to appeal to a large group of voters.
how about reform?

History, aka the past does offer a predictor of how people, organizations and countries behave though. The past causes the present and therefore impacts and influences the future. Looking at the past gives an understanding of why thing occurred and how they occurred. History may not repeat but it definitely rhymes.
Deeds not words. Deeds matter more than words, and the past can offer an evaluation of both and how they relate.
If everyone thinks this way, aren't things like reconciliation doomed from the start?

Wouldn't support for Quebec separation still be at all time highs?

Place too much emphasis on the past and previous mistakes and one never moves forward to fixing the issue.

That's what I tell my wife at least.

From 2015

So what I gather is that he could have stayed on as a reservist if he wasn't going to be MND.

So I guess this Vuong fella can stay in the reserves so long as the military doesn't kick him to the curb then.

There is no statute or regulation that would force his release. See QR&O chapter 19, article 19.44.

The custom has been in recent years to not have Reg F or P Res members serve in the House (I am uncertain whether any members were in the Supp Res when serving as MPs).

AS far as the Liberal riding association crying and whining about Vuong and demanding he step down or have a by-election, too F-ing bad.

That's how this works and when it doesn't work in your favour, you can not cry like ill tempered toddlers.

Its lunacy like this that will lead to stronger calls for succession in places like Alberta.

Nothing new about that.

Or, the urban vs rural divide in Canadian politics,
In the least populated ridings, Conservatives dominate voting intentions by 16 points. In the most populated, Liberals are up by 26 points.

There is no statute or regulation that would force his release. See QR&O chapter 19, article 19.44.

The custom has been in recent years to not have Reg F or P Res members serve in the House (I am uncertain whether any members were in the Supp Res when serving as MPs).

Maybe one not following the custom.

. . . As an Infantry Officer in the Canadian Forces Primary Reserves, Dane is currently the only serving member of the Canadian Forces in Parliament.

His Wikipedia page says he is with the GGFG.

I self identify as “liberal” but I have never voted “Liberal” (except for in BC). The opposite of “liberalism” is not “conservatism”, but “illiberalism”.

I believe that I am in the minority of self-identified “liberals” in this country.

Back