• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

But just once, wouldn't you love it if parliament ordered new kit or added to the order that you already had without having to beg or give away something else?
USCG has never ordered a C130J and they have ~a dozen of them. There’s a senator or congressman in Alaska who keeps writing ‘and 2 C130s for the Coast Guard’ into the budget.

Wonder how this will influence the project team?

Navy Questions Future Viability of Super Hornets; Recommends Against New Buy​

Meanwhile it’s still possible we will select the turd.

Ever more possible than before as Boeing will likely reduce the price to keep the line going longer

I can find lots of references to us investing approx $617M since 1997, and receiving more than $2B in contract work since then. Does anybody know any specifics of what we have been building/supplying though?

I can find lots of references to us investing approx $617M since 1997, and receiving more than $2B in contract work since then. Does anybody know any specifics of what we have been building/supplying though?
From the LM F-35 website:

FG19-24659_003%20CanadaIP2.jpg

Canada's next interim fighter.....

Oh I wish I knew how to use gifs 😅

laugh at the humour, nervous face because it isn’t the most absurd thing ever seriously suggested!

I think our fleet of 25 used legacy hornets from Australia will do us nicely until we make our decision & purchase.

Buying used hornets which subsequently had some more extensive corrosion on some airframes than expected - which had to have their communication systems, ejection systems, some computers, etc upgraded just so they could integrate with the fleet we plan on replacing soon anyway was a good use of taxpayer dollars.

Add these to the fleet also? Heck yeah!! Tajikistan will think twice next time they try to screw with us!! (Does Tajikistan ever mess with us? Is it a real country or am I being ignorantly kinda racist right now? Where is it anyway?)

Add these to the fleet also? Heck yeah!! Tajikistan will think twice next time they try to screw with us!! (Does Tajikistan ever mess with us? Is it a real country or am I being ignorantly kinda racist right now? Where is it anyway?)
How about the a hole Uzbeks ala Borat???

Things are moving ahead with the new hangers in Cold Lake and Bagotville. I'm not sure how far they can go without knowing which fighter jet they are going to house

In typical Canadian procurement incompetence, we will complete infrastructure and buildings to a “standard” spec. After the aircraft arrives the hangars will need millions of dollars of retrofits to keep the contracts flowing. Why build it once when you can do it twice for three times the price!

In typical Canadian procurement incompetence, we will complete infrastructure and buildings to a “standard” spec. After the aircraft arrives the hangars will need millions of dollars of retrofits to keep the contracts flowing. Why build it once when you can do it twice for three times the price!
I am pretty sure they are building them to the worst case specs.

Just spotted this in some IND-based media, so can't tell if this is old news or not - lead is buried right at the bottom of the piece ....
Why Dassault (Rafale) Aviation Surrendered A Multi-Billion Dollar Deal To US Fighter Jets Even Before Evaluation?

(...)

RCAF has historically operated US-built warplanes and had originally expressed its desire for the Lockheed Martin F-35. Moreover, Ottawa, for this deal, requires a package of guaranteed industry offset work for whichever aircraft it selects. This may have been another reason why Dassault withdrew.

According to experts, the biggest stumbling block for Rafale was too much French hardware that is incompatible with Canadian Air Force including the radar and SPECTRA ECM system made by Thales and engines that are produced by Snecma. It also includes weapons systems, which could pose a big challenge to RCAF.

Rafale’s weapon compatibility is not a matter of concern for Egypt or India which already operates Dassault Mirage and is already outfitted with a stockpile of French missiles. For Canada, experts say would need to replace the American munitions including AMRAAMs, Sidewinders, Mavericks, etc which was very much unlikely.

Back