• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ptsd claim

ROYALGRAY

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering peoples experience with vac and ptsd claims. % recieved, wait time, etc... I know each case is different just curious as to others experience.

My experience is not wonderful. I’m at 88 weeks since they “received my completed application”. The Wait Time Tool says the average is now 31 weeks.
OSI Clinic psychologist confirmed injury attributable to service. Recommended monthly follow-ups back in July 2019. I have never heard from VAC since except an email notice that the application had moved to Stage 3. I have no idea what is going on, why the delay or why no communication. The claim is pretty straight forward. I worked in a brutal environment and was having a few problems with sleep and flashbacks. Nothing exceptional.
I wrote to them two weeks ago to ask for an update and to confirm the file hadn’t fallen off a desk. Nothing heard. I’ll give them another week then I’ll write my MP and ask her to request the Minister inquire into the situation.

My experience is not wonderful. I’m at 88 weeks since they “received my completed application”. The Wait Time Tool says the average is now 31 weeks.
OSI Clinic psychologist confirmed injury attributable to service. Recommended monthly follow-ups back in July 2019. I have never heard from VAC since except an email notice that the application had moved to Stage 3. I have no idea what is going on, why the delay or why no communication. The claim is pretty straight forward. I worked in a brutal environment and was having a few problems with sleep and flashbacks. Nothing exceptional.
I wrote to them two weeks ago to ask for an update and to confirm the file hadn’t fallen off a desk. Nothing heard. I’ll give them another week then I’ll write my MP and ask her to request the Minister inquire into the situation.

I have no PTSD claims in process, but I've recently retired and had good results communicating with VAC through the online chat feature in my account.

It's only regarding various pieces of pedantic paperwork, but I haven't had to wait longer than 3 or 4 days for a reply. You might have already tried this though, of course.

Back