• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

General Vance - Inappropriate conduct?

Surprise
And yet they didn't think it important enough to tell the PM that there are allegations of misconduct against the CDS nor to call the CDS in for, at least, a fireside chat?

The PMO is either massively incompetent or someone is shading things a wee tad.

😠

The PMO is either massively incompetent or someone is shading things a wee tad.

😠
Or they're really good at their job and set the stage for the PM to be protected when this eventually came out. Aka plausable deniability.

Or they're really good at their job and set the stage for the PM to be protected when this eventually came out. Aka plausable deniability.
portugal phoenix GIF by For The Win Esports

Oh, I thought about the plausible deniability basis thing. And then I said to myself: is covering up the misconduct of a very senior defence official and not telling your boss or investigating it to give him "plausible deniability" down the road really doing a good job? Or does it merely highlight the fact that you are part of a corrupt cabal?

I see now that without any evidence, JT is claiming that Harper knew of this when he appointed him.

My gorge is rising.

😠

Oh, I thought about the plausible deniability basis thing. And then I said to myself: is covering up the misconduct of a very senior defence official and not telling your boss or investigating it to give him "plausible deniability" down the road really doing a good job? Or does it merely highlight the fact that you are part of a corrupt cabal?

I see now that without any evidence, JT is claiming that Harper knew of this when he appointed him.

My gorge is rising.

😠
See! I knew somehow this would be Harper’s fault!

Did you know that the start of World War 1, the Great Depression and the Hindenberg disaster were also Harper’s fault?

Deflect blame, dodge responsibility, avoid accountability, same liberal play booked

Edited due to poor taste on my part

Last edited:
I'm not really sure this is the right thread / time in the CAF to be using an analogy that insults Corporal's for their lack of accountability........

I'm not really sure this is the right thread / time in the CAF to be using an analogy that insults Corporal's for their lack of accountability........
I quite agree.

The LPC got what they wanted - they tripped over each other to secure his nomination when the Trudeau name became available. Never mind that he had no experience in politics or government. They created this incompetent twirp and placed him in the highest elected office in the nation. It would serve them right if the LPC imploded and was sent straight to hell. But we know that won't happen.

I quite agree.

The LPC got what they wanted - they tripped over each other to secure his nomination when the Trudeau name became available. Never mind that he had no experience in politics or government. They created this incompetent twirp and placed him in the highest elected office in the nation. It would serve them right if the LPC imploded and was sent straight to hell. But we know that won't happen.

Let's be accurate here: Trudeau was first elected in 2008, 5 years before assuming the leadership, so he had experience in politics.

See! I knew somehow this would be Harper’s fault!

Did you know that the start of World War 1, the Great Depression and the Hindenberg disaster were also Harper’s fault?
You're letting Harper off a bit easy.. He also was responsible for the Siege of Troy, Crassus' defeat by the Parthians, and I'm pretty sure he's the guy that encouraged Genghis Khan to be so rapey...

I quite agree.

The Liberals have morphed from a political party into a personality cult, something like the Trump republicans, I believe. However, I doubt Trudeau will face the same fate this summer as The Donald.

Let's be accurate here: Trudeau was first elected in 2008, 5 years before assuming the leadership, so he had experience in politics.
Of course - thanks for the correction. He’s a slow learner though 😉

Of course - thanks for the correction. He’s a slow learner though 😉
Is he though? He's had a number of potential career killing things slide off, and has been found guilty of several ethical breaches with no actual impacts.

I'd argue that the electorate are more of slow learners about consequences for politicians if we expect anything to happen outside the voting cycle.

And yet they didn't think it important enough to tell the PM that there are allegations of misconduct against the CDS nor to call the CDS in for, at least, a fireside chat?
An episode of "The West Wing" brought this up quite well. Is it something someone considers that the PM "needs" to know. The "someone" (either the final receiver of the info or all the info-gatekeepers in between) and "need" can vary greatly, depending on who's telling and who's supposed to be listening. Does EVERY subordinate tell EVERY boss EVERYTHING, and does EVERYTHING make it through to the boss?

An episode of "The West Wing" brought this up quite well. Is it something someone considers that the PM "needs" to know. The "someone" (either the final receiver of the info or all the info-gatekeepers in between) and "need" can vary greatly, depending on who's telling and who's supposed to be listening. Does EVERY subordinate tell EVERY boss EVERYTHING, and does EVERYTHING make it through to the boss?
Yeah, and Independence Day said it even better.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...-38&sk=&cvid=325381662A10413DB5A744A2E9A9524A

Back