• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about physical fitness

techfor

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I am 38 years old. I'm in process for the reserve. Test forces is done with succes but......

I've been training for 2 months and am still unable to run a long distance. I run a few hundred meters and then I alternate with fast walking. To walk long distances, there are no worries. The problem it's really running.  What will happen to me on the QMB?

techfor said:
The problem it's really running.  What will happen to me on the QMB?

This may help.

Running at BMQ,
https://www.google.com/search?rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-CA%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&biw=1280&bih=641&ei=P9C_X96vGaar5NoPifGQ0A0&q=site%3Anavy.ca+running+bmq&oq=site%3Anavy.ca+running+bmq&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQDFAAWABg_bwCaABwAXgAgAEAiAEAkgEAmAEAqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiey-66yaDtAhWmFVkFHYk4BNoQ4dUDCAw#spf=1606406253518

Hi,

I am 38 years old. I'm in process for the reserve. Test forces is done with succes but......

I've been training for 2 months and am still unable to run a long distance. I run a few hundred meters and then I alternate with fast walking. To walk long distances, there are no worries. The problem it's really running. What will happen to me on the QMB?

Not sure if this is valid for you any more, but I've started running as well and have found a helpful program called Couch to 5K.

‎Couch to 5K Runner

Couch Potato to 5K Run Trainer – Apps on Google Play

It's a progressive program that's more time-focused. Audio-guided.

As a heavier person, I pay attention to my joints, so this has been helpful for tissue conditioning. A trick I learned on YouTube is to have shorter, faster steps, rather than longer, slower strides - something in the 160-180 bpm range. Sounds fast, but it's a bit easier on the body if you're not taking monster steps. I use the Sound Brenner metronome, but others are available.

Back