• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Security Screening for immigrants applicants(applying as new citizens)

New citizen application security clearance

• The same

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Longer

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Gregt-rex

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,
How are all of you? I am a 25 year old applicant for the Canadian Forces(Infantry). I received my citizenship in February 19th, 2020 and sent in my application on February 23rd, 2020(same week). I have done my CFAT, Medical and Interview and have passed everything and did well on my tests. Currently, my application is in "Final Processing" stage. I was wondering is this due to my security clearance taking longer since I lived in Europe until I was 15(I finished high school in Canada). I have no criminal record or debt. I saw on the recruitment video that security clearance can take up to 18 months? How would I know if and when I pass my security clearance? And any other immigrants that joined the CF could tell me how long their security clearance took?
Thank you

Hello,
How are all of you? I am a 25 year old applicant for the Canadian Forces(Infantry). I received my citizenship in February 19th, 2020 and sent in my application on February 23rd, 2020(same week). I have done my CFAT, Medical and Interview and have passed everything and did well on my tests. Currently, my application is in "Final Processing" stage. I was wondering is this due to my security clearance taking longer since I lived in Europe until I was 15(I finished high school in Canada). I have no criminal record or debt. I saw on the recruitment video that security clearance can take up to 18 months? How would I know if and when I pass my security clearance? And any other immigrants that joined the CF could tell me how long their security clearance took?
Thank you
Hi there,

You will be notified by CFRC personnel once you get cleared on the security check, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to help with this phase of the application. There are many factors at play when it comes to the security clearance, you can find a wealth of information on this website (if you do some searching). With that said, it took almost eight months for me to get the security clearance, but don't be surprised if it takes longer than that for you. At the end of the day, everyone's file is different.

Regards.

Back