• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

The next fixed election date is October 20, 2025 according to the Elections Canada website. The Elections Act allows the Chief Electoral Officer to recommend another date to the GiC. This date must be the next day or the following Monday.
thats a Harper era change in the rules it can be changed again by the government

A great way for him (or anyone) to shut down any criticism would be to say something to the effect of “based on new evidence, I was wrong and I adjusted my view”.

If he did that, it would have been the end of it and may have gained some support from the folks in the middle.
I'm guessing his team gamed that, and came to the conclusion that the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. How many voters who will actually change their minds even remember the crypto thing?

If it was deemed to be a useful cudgel, the LPC and NDP would be swinging it right about now. The LPC have already gone full abortion...

I'm guessing his team gamed that, and came to the conclusion that the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. How many voters who will actually change their minds even remember the crypto thing?
The thing is it’s so “fresh” (yes it was 2 years ago) because people now know how far it fell. It’s like an attack ad wrote itself.

If it was deemed to be a useful cudgel, the LPC and NDP would be swinging it right about now. The LPC have already gone full abortion...
Maybe? I’m not suggesting that the LPC/NDP are super smart about it but I wouldn’t be surprised if it came out during the campaign.

The way things are going, the entire party will be aborted after next election.
The 2016 US election convinced me that nothing this far out will be remotely accurate. The MSM was predicting 71% for Hillary.

The thing is it’s so “fresh” (yes it was 2 years ago) because people now know how far it fell. It’s like an attack ad wrote itself.
Two years ago isn't "fresh" to most voters. Particularly voters who might change their mind regarding PP... It's essentially only fresh in the minds of those who dislike him, and are unlikely to change their minds.
Maybe? I’m not suggesting that the LPC/NDP are super smart about it but I wouldn’t be surprised if it came out during the campaign.
It likely will, but I suspect that it will have little to no impact. The party that will use it is lead by a guy who quite famously said the budgets will balance themselves...

Also, as highlighted earlier, they have already gone full abortion. That's usually one of their "break in case of emergency" attacks, and we are more than a year out from the election. If they really thought they could score points with a "Look at the dumb crypto bro" attack, they likely would have gone that route and saved the big guns for when the writ drops.
The 2016 US election convinced me that nothing this far out will be remotely accurate. The MSM was predicting 71% for Hillary.
Hillary was a key member of the administration that had been in power for 8 years by that point. She was essentially like swapping Trudeau for Blair or Freeland... More of the same, but with a new face.

Even at the time, the idea of a Hillary sweep seemed pretty far fetched if you were paying attention to more than CNN and MSNBC. Right now even the LPC are admitting that PP will likely be the next PM, with their whole "notwistanding" abortion fearmongering more than year before an election.

A great way for him (or anyone) to shut down any criticism would be to say something to the effect of “based on new evidence, I was wrong and I adjusted my view”.

If he did that, it would have been the end of it and may have gained some support from the folks in the middle.
It works for Doug Ford, ironically…

when are we going to vote though?
The next fixed election date is October 20, 2025 according to the Elections Canada website. The Elections Act allows the Chief Electoral Officer to recommend another date to the GiC. This date must be the next day or the following Monday.
Although Bill C-65, the LPC motion to move the federal election one week later to 27 Oct 2025 to accommodate Diwali, to keep Canada’s Hindu voters happy with Team Red… 😉

C-65 has already passed first reading in the Commons, and heading for second reading in the near future before passing to the Senate for Royal assent.

It works for Doug Ford, ironically…

Although Bill C-65, the LPC motion to move the federal election one week later to 27 Oct 2025 to accommodate Diwali, to keep Canada’s Hindu voters happy with Team Red… 😉

C-65 has already passed first reading in the Commons, and heading for second reading in the near future before passing to the Senate for Royal assent.
C-65 clause 56.1(2) aims to move only one election date, October 20, 2025 to the right by one week. It does not affect future election dates in it's current form.

Everyone, Hindus included, knows why the LPC is doing this - pension eligibility. They are as transparent as a scrotum in a spotlight.

C-65 clause 56.1(2) aims to move only one election date, October 20, 2025 to the right by one week. It does not affect future election dates in it's current form.

Everyone, Hindus included, knows why the LPC is doing this - pension eligibility. They are as transparent as a scrotum in a spotlight.

Scrotums are transparent?

Interesting thing watching the power panel on CBC.

The LPC have confirmed 88 incumbents will be running next election. Guess who isn’t on that list yet…

Which is why it represents…
1715811500089.gif

If they were pure in the requirement, the sub-clause wording would include ‘…date, or adjusted later up to [insert max rolex] in consideration of the following religious and/or administrative occasions: [list all the events that the ruling party wished it hadn’t forgot about during the last election…]

I'd hope the Senate would see right through this, and does it's job & rejects it. There is no reason in hell Canadian taxpayers should be stuck paying pensions to the very same people who intentionally destroyed our country...

I'm not getting my hopes up though. This is the same Senate that passed various internet censorship legislations, and seems to have absolutely zero bite behind it's non-existent bark

To be fair, has Trudeau ever done that?

Did Freeland do that about her Disney+ comment?

In terms of regaining some support from the folks in the middle by admitting they were wrong about something, every political leader on the current stage has something they could admit to being wrong about.

Roasting Pierre's feet for not doing so, while ignoring the others, isn't really fair...

Back