• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PSHCP - Frustration abounds as public service health plan gets switched to Canada Life

Is anyone else having trouble with the dental coverage being rolled in? Mine is still only showing the drug and health benefits for dependents (and weirdly my birthday in the profile is actually my wife's).

GOing to submit a claim anyway, but jumped through their hoops already to add it on and still nothing almost a year later.

Apparently the date for the change-over has been amended.

In June 2023, the government announced the contract for the Pensioners’ Dental Service Plan (PDSP) and the Public Service Dental Care Plan (PSDCP) was awarded to Canada Life. At the time of the announcement, the PDSP transition date was July 1, 2024. However, in the fall, references to the July 1 transition were quietly removed. Instead, the announcement referred to an unspecified transition period.

In a recent update, the government has extended the PDSP transition date to Nov. 1, 2024. The statement now reads, “[f]ollowing a transition period, Canada Life will begin administering the plans under the new ASO contract Nov. 1, 2024.”

I am not expecting them to have learned any lessons from the PSHCP change.

Staffing in the cell that manages dependant medical and dental coverage has always been thin, so corrections take time.

Apparently the date for the change-over has been amended.

I am not expecting them to have learned any lessons from the PSHCP change.
So does this mean I still use Sunlife for dental for the dependent claims? When I inquired about 4 months ago, they sent me some steps to add it on, but still not included.

My wife has it on hers as a PS employee for my daughter, but thought for Reg Force our Sunlife fully moved over last summer.

This whole thing is a bit of a mess for service couples, especially where classes of reserve service change frequently.

So does this mean I still use Sunlife for dental for the dependent claims? When I inquired about 4 months ago, they sent me some steps to add it on, but still not included.

My wife has it on hers as a PS employee for my daughter, but thought for Reg Force our Sunlife fully moved over last summer.

Sorry, I might have added to your confusion. I had assumed that the PSDCP (current employees incl CAF) was changing over on the same timeline as the PDSP (pensioners, I'm one of the old farts). A closer look at the TB FAQ kinda/sorta indicates that the dates were different, but IMHO it is poorly worded and leaves a little doubt.

I'd suggest giving Canada Life a call, but when I did that back last year for the PSHCP it was an exercise in frustration.

Back