• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

King Charles III

So, you have to put two portraits to see it?

That is a stretch, even for conspiracy theories…
That's what the deep state wants you to think

Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

Meanwhile in Canada . . .

He could send a selfie.
This is the kind of thing that bugs me because it's so simple and straightforward. He is the King of Canada and has been for more than 18 months. We know he has both an RCN and a CA uniform (granted with Vice Admiral/LGen rank but I'm sure he has a tailor could fix that assuming as King he gets promoted...). He has the Order of Canada he can wear. The government must have photographers on contract for official portraits, if Bryan Adams isn't available. Send one over and take the .... picture!

Apparently Army G1 is reviewing traditions/honours related to the 1885 Northwest Resistance (as well as it should longer be called a Rebellion... ).

References to Metis or First Nations as "enemies of Canada" are problematic and thus having the RWR lean into adopting their motto "hosti acie nominati" is not in the spirit of reconciliation. The fact that the name the " enemy" gave them at the Battle of Fish Creek was "Little Black Devils" is also under scrutiny.

Apparently Army G1 is reviewing traditions/honours related to the 1885 Northwest Resistance (as well as it should longer be called a Rebellion... ).

References to Metis or First Nations as "enemies of Canada" are problematic and thus having the RWR lean into adopting their motto "hosti acie nominati" is not in the spirit of reconciliation. The fact that the name the " enemy" gave them at the Battle of Fish Creek was "Little Black Devils" is also under scrutiny.

How sad...

"What you put up with, you end up with. You can only expect what you ACCEPT from someone."

- Cecily Morgan, The Importance of Being Earnest

The LBD nomenclature and their regimental motto are problematic enough in the pursuit of Reconciliation... apparently
Actually I have not heard that. Our Regimental Motto is "named by the enemy in battle" but in Latin. I have not seen or heard an Indigenous leader who have had an issue with The Little Black Devils. Now Bishop Grandin is a different story....

"We know of the Redcoats but who are these little black devils?"

Actually I have not heard that. Our Regimental Motto is "named by the enemy in battle" but in Latin. I have not seen or heard an Indigenous leader who have had an issue with The Little Black Devils. Now Bishop Grandin is a different story....

"We know of the Redcoats but who are these little black devils?"
This is a typical "lean forward" from CPCC/Army G1. COAs are still being decided on.

Official portrait's out (source) ...
View attachment 85210
... and it's proving to be a wee bit ... controversial ...
Oh god, that’s awful.

Well, firstly, it's quite big, which is excellent. Because if it was really small, you know, microscopic, then hardly anyone would be able to see it, which would be a tremendous shame.
I quite like it, despite being not very "artsy".

You can see him and his uniform, but it's not an attempt to recreate a late Victorian "hero" shot.

800px-VCRedversHenryBuller.jpg

Bonus points if you know who this is, and why I chose him.

I quite like it, despite being not very "artsy".

You can see him and his uniform, but it's not an attempt to recreate a late Victorian "hero" shot.

800px-VCRedversHenryBuller.jpg

Bonus points if you know who this is, and why I chose him.
Sir Redvers Buller. Not sure of why you chose him, but he was a bit of a dunderhead?

Back