• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

Honest question: How would we know if there are moderate Gazans? Hamas is their govt and if they publicly speak out against them, I can’t see them living for long.

It’s totally possible that there are Gazans trying to change things but we don’t hear about it. Everything on that end is filtered through Hamas.
Agreed. Hamas maybe murdering the moderates

Agreed. Hamas maybe murdering converting the moderates

There, extremized that FY ;)

The Irish terrorists were pretty diligent about cleaning house, which worked well for them in terms of keeping loyalty to the cause top of mind.

If the families were lucky, the 'cleaners' would arrange for the body to be found somewhere, usually attached (thoughtfully) to a massive IED ;)

Honest question: How would we know if there are moderate Gazans? Hamas is their govt and if they publicly speak out against them, I can’t see them living for long.
Agreed. I've seen a few videos where Palestinians are lamenting about Hamas, the people around them shut them up pretty quickly. Probably saving their lives.

For everyone one of those there's hundreds jubilantly cheering for Hamas.

I would have assumed that was a given.

A well known policy, well before last October...

Extrajudicial Executions and Torture in Gaza​

During the 2014 Operation Protective Edge, Hamas embarked on what it called "Operation Strangling Necks" in an attempt to catch and summarily execute alleged collaborators. By August 2, around four weeks into the conflict, Al Sharq Al Awsat reported that 26 alleged collaborators had been executed by Hamas, their bodies dumped in public places in order to deter others. The highest death toll from executions was on August 22, 2014, when Hamas carried out at least 18 summary executions. Seven of the men were executed with bags over their heads in front of Al-Omari mosque after prayers, with hundreds of spectators. The rest of those executed on that day were put to death by firing squad, their bodies dumped near al-Azhar University.

Syria has geography to protect the dissidents. Gaza has everyone crammed into a few square miles. There is no place to hide if you say anything to oppose the leadership
And we all know the children are indoctrinated - and will snitch on parents and their friends parents. This is in the dictator handbook.

Adding:

Now correct me if I'm wrong but did our GoC sanction Hamas?

Last edited:
And we all know the children are indoctrinated - and will snitch on parents and their friends parents. This is in the dictator handbook.

Adding:

Now correct me if I'm wrong but did our GoC sanction Hamas?
Hamas has been a listed terrorist entity in Canada since November 2002. That puts in place a lot of legal restrictions regarding carrying out activities in support of or providing funding to Hamas writ large.

Additionally, in early Feb the government sanctioned specific Hamas leadership and political figures under the Special Economic Measures Act. Canada Gazette, Part 2, Volume 158, Number 4: Special Economic Measures (Hamas Terrorist Attacks) Regulations

Last edited:
The assumption that Hamas would sit idly by if a faction challenging their leadership arose is not likely to hold up.
They are likely able to keep most people busy with the narrative "Israel/the Jews are bad." I image that they would face stronger opposition if they didn't have a common enemy to keep the population focused on.

Back